Epilogue

Epilogue

Basically, Adam and I actually turned out to be just friends. We decided to cut out any feelings that came between us and see where friendship leads us to. Although it was quite obvious.

I don't get to see Adam as often as I used to but we talk over the phone from time to time. To be honest, I actually did miss him when he was gone and he is still the same person I knew, except the fact that he is 19 and goes to college.

Things got back together over the course of last week. My friends and I are back on talking terms after I apologised.

Hayley and Grace said I was overreacting with the whole Adam thing and thinking of it, they were actually right. I had been acting like Adam cheated on me or worse he was a secret serial killer and I just found out the truth at the wedding.

Quite much had not changed in his life since I left. He still argues with his dad and Paige joins in sometimes. Both Anastasia and him are still living under their dad's roof despite he had plans to move in to aunt Stacey's house. Speaking of Anastasia, her teacher Miss Oliver was fired from the school because of the whole molesting situation which Mr Richardson had to report to the principal about. She had began her job and punishment by serving in a homeless feeding program. Plus she has been warned never to see Anastasia or any other child from her former school.

Anyways that was what happened when I was gone.

Today is my 17th birthday. It's Easter break and My friends decided to take me to one of my favorite places in the world, 6 flags.

It has been so surprising that ever since I got back with them, they've been way nicer than before. I never even told them about the whole suicide thing. Adam was the only one that knew.

I checked my watch to see it was 11 am and the girls will be here soon. Jo offered to pick everyone from their house and take us to 6 flags. Sadly I was the last person she was going to pick only because I was the birthday girl.

My room door swung open and David barged into the room like he always does. Except this time he was holding a medium sized frame wrapped in brown paper.

"You need to learn how to knock." I groaned.

"You need to learn to put signs on your door." David responded and held out the frame. "This was delivered for you."

He dropped the wrapped photo frame on my bed and clasped his hands together.

"From who?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Don't know, don't care." He shrugged and walked out immediately before I could say anything else.

I looked at the brown wrapped frame on the bed and there was always that one person who loved wrapping with brown papers. Adam.

I sat down and unwrapped the frame on my lap and behold, it was a picture of me.

It was the photoshoot I did with Adam. I was sited on the white background with my legs crossed, covering my whole bare upper body as I seduced the camera.

It looked amazing.

I was glad Adam didn't choose a photo that exposed my body parts plus it was really selfless of him to give up this photo for the photography contest. It really did look like a winning piece of work anyway.

At the left end corner of the frame had a small paper on it. I picked it up and it wrote:

'Happy birthday to my favourite art. - A.R'

This one simple sentence caused me to smile. Adam never failed to put a smile on my face.

There was a knock on the door and it swung open before I could say "come in."