Chapter 40

Chapter 40

"Two days felt like a hundred years." Adam whined as I walked through the door of his house after school. "I missed you all weekend baby girl."

"I missed you too little one." I pinched his nose before walking towards the dining table.

"No kiss for the boyfriend?" He said with his arms opened behind me.

"I don't kiss little kids."

"Nice try." He chuckled before finding his way to his regular seat on the table. "Good to see you're not going to be easily distracted today."

"That's what grown women do." I smirked while dropping my bad on the table.

"Anastasia isn't going to be home till 7."

I looked at his smirking expression before I rolled my eyes.

"Good to know."

I opened my bag and started getting my books out and dropping them on the table.

"And good to know you're going to study real hard this afternoon." He placed his hands behind his head and studied me.

"Yeah." I smirked at him before walking towards him. Without waste of time I sat on his laps which changed his reaction from a smirking face to a surprised one. "I came to study this face all afternoon."

"Thought so." He bit his lips and wiggled his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and leaned in to kiss him.

This was something he couldn't resist as he moved his hands from the back of his head to my waist and kissed me back.

The first boyfriend kiss.

After up to 20 seconds of kissing I moved away and looked at him.

"Grace told me something Kaleb said about you." I said.

He looked at me with the same anxious face I had when Grace was about to tell me what Kaleb said about him earlier today.

"He said you don't like arts."

"He did?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Mhmm." I nodded my head. "So why do you work in arts store?"

"Uhmm because I want money.." He said still in his confused state.

I nodded my head slowly this time still looking at him and turned away to get things straight.

Why did Grace make it look so much like a big deal? I mean there are more important things to find out about Adam right? Something tells me there's more Kaleb must have told her.

Anyways, that shouldn't bother me. What really matters is that I have Adam and nothing more.

"Naomi." He said cutting my thoughts and looking at me.

I looked at him and caught his hazel eyes. The little light in the room didn't let the color come out too well but that didn't matter either. Looking at my boyfriend's eyes always made me care less about anything else but him.

He moved his hands to my face and his thumbs rubbed my cheeks.

"There's no big deal in hating arts." He said.

"Yeah I know. It's just arts." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"But there's a big deal in what I am going to ask you."

Another sentence that made my heart stop for the second time today. This time I was more anxious than the first one.

"Don't worry I'm not going to kill you." He chuckled at my anxious expression. "It's just.."

He sat up while I was still on his laps and wrapped his arms around me.

"I would like you to have a dinner with my dad and his fiancée."

My eyes opened in bewilderment. No way! No! no! no! Was Adam crazy?! He wants me to meet his dead ass father who shot me deadly glares the last time I saw him.

"Adam this isn't a good idea. And besides we only started dating."

"I know it sounds crazy but I want to introduce my girlfriend to people who take control of my life."

"Didn't you do that with your dad already?"

"That was just jokes." He chuckled. "I want to do a proper introduction. I really care about you and I just need them to know that."

I smiled at him. He was so sweet and I couldn't help but lean in to kiss him again.

"I will see you at dinner with your dad and his fiancée then." I said and looked at him once I parted my lips from his.

"Saturday night. Nothing more." He smiled. "I promise they'll love you."

"Let's hope for the best."

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 40