Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Adam decided we should leave the club because he realized I wasn't so comfortable most of the time. He doesn't know he is the reason I wasn't comfortable.

We spent almost an hour in the club which was quite short. I was glad to find myself outside again after I came out of hell. I really needed to go home at the moment as I stand by my car while Adam talks to Kaleb.

"You okay?" He asked me the moment he was done talking to Kaleb.

"I'm okay. Just feel like going home."

"Isn't it a bit too soon?"

I check my watch to see it was 3:50 pm. I still had a little time to stay out but I just didn't feel like hanging around with Adam anymore. Especially after what Keisha told me.

"Not exactly. I just got a lot of homework to do-"

"- you can always do that later."

Oh my God just let me go.

"What do you want to do now?" I fold my arms.

"I was thinking maybe you could come over to my house," he said which makes me look at him immediately, "and see my works"

"Why do you think I want to see your works?" I raise my eyebrows.

"So that we can get to know each other more." He smirks.

Why does he always have a way of getting things right in my head. I couldn't argue about this one.

I sigh.

"Let's get going."

**********

Adam's house wasn't so big to say but it was worth a family house. It was a two story house, just like mine, along the road which looks similar to the other house beside it.

He shows me around to his kitchen, sitting room and basement.

After touring around the house we finally stop infront of a door which is in the corner of the ground floor.

"This is a very private and confidential room to me. It is the most important part of the house to me as well." He said while standing infront of the closed door.

"Your room?"

"No." He chuckles. "I call this 'the room of earth'."

He opens the door and we step inside.

The room was full of pictures everywhere, especially on the walls. Some printed on papers, while some were framed. It had an office table and chair on the left end of the room and a big white studio background with two lighting kits on the left end. That part made it look like the room was a photo studio.

The room was quite small but there was a little space for anything, although it was filled with pictures. Some pictures in a big frame were lined up on the floor and covered with brown paper.

I walk round the room and stare close at most of the pictures on the wall. Most of them were nature as I could see pictures of birds, the sky, trees and animals from a zoo. He was a really good photographer. I also see a picture of the cross. This was something Christians always believed in. I look at it and wonder how he took it.

"How did you take this?" I point to the cross.

"I went to a church and took a picture of it. It was a portrait."

"Are you Christian?"

"I am."

I was really shocked by this response. He was nothing close to anything like a Christian. But who am I to judge?