Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Adam?" I said the moment I looked up.

He looked at me as if he wasn't surprised about my existence in the ball.

"Sorry did you get hurt?" He asked unconsciously.

I still stare at him not believing he was standing right in front of me after all this while.

He was also in a black suit like almost every other guy in the ball and he looked a bit more older than the last time I saw him.

It was only 2 months ago wasn't it?

But isn't this the same guy that broke your heart that time? The one that made you hate yourself more?

I tried to hold back myself when I realized I am not even supposed to associate myself with Adam or else I would just blow up.

I also hate him so much now.

Looking at him makes me hate him even more.

I could feel the blood rushing through my veins as if I was hit against a wall.

Some people were still staring at us trying to see if something happened to any of us when the glasses fell.

Not like I care about them.

I glare at him with a lot of pain in me.

So it's you again asshole.

I didn't even bother answering his question as i pick up the tray and brush pass him to go to the kitchen.

I start taking few steps towards the kitchen when a hand grabs my elbow.

"Naomi what's up with you?" Adam said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Why does he sound so calm tonight when he's a stupid asshole.

I look down at his hands on my elbow and force my arms down from his hands and turn to walk away immediately without answering him.

His hand grabs my arm from behind, this time harder, and he makes me turn to his direction and pulls me closer to him.

"What do you want!" I look at him with frustration.

I feel like I am going to start crying because his face is bringing back everything that happened. The pain I felt that moment I realized he was gone is coming back.

"I am sorry Naomi." He said. "Whatever I did to you I am really sorry."

I remove my self from his hands and just stand there.

I look down at the ground because I hate the fact that his face is making things more complicated.

"Please leave me alone! I mean it!" I said.

He realized I was about to leave again then he grabs my arms again.

"I understand that you hate me so much now but please you've got to understand that whatever I did that night has nothing to do with the way I am."

"Then why did you leave me?" I felt myself breaking down. "I told you that you won't like me but you promised me that things will be different. You promised that you won't leave."

"And that is why I hate myself so much for making such a terrible mistake. I promise I won't be the same if you let me explain myself."

"Why do you care?" I said trying to release myself from him.

Before Adam could reply someone shouts behind him.

"Excuse me! You're supposed to get my fucking wine!" The skinny bitch in blue dress calls out to me.