Chapter 54

Chapter 54

You will never realize when time flies until the day to a very special event.

It was the day before Mr Richardson and Paige's wedding and everyone seemed to be really occupied with one thing or the other.

Adam and Anastasia had to leave school for the day to help in the wedding preparations while I on the other hand, arrived not long ago at the Park Savoy Estate. Where the wedding reception was going to take place.

Anastasia was with some little kids at the end of the big hall playing with the balloons. The wedding planner, who was a blonde woman, Adam's dad and Paige were discussing some things on one of the tables. The waiters and others who worked for the wedding planner were sorting out the table and the designs in the hall.

On the other hand, Adam and I were just playing and giggling as we were sited on one of the tables as well. The balloons were the only source of keeping us busy. Although we busted 80% of the ones we've blown.

I couldn't help myself but laugh at everything Adam told me since I arrived. He told me some crazy things that happened in his school within that week as well as funny moments with his dad. Talking about his dad makes me keeping turning to his direction and this very moment I turned, Mr Richardson's eyes caught me staring as he glanced at our side.

I smiled at him but his response turned out to be that of a glare. This caused me to frown and look away immediately. Such a meanie.

I studied the hall for a moment and looked at how beautiful the wedding reception was going to be. I first of all stared at the big multifaceted drop shaped crystal amber chandelier light at the centre of the room which gave a beautiful reflection to the whole hall. There were about 30 large white and round tables arranged in cocktail formation round the hall as each table had 10 chairs. The wooden floor was filled with different coloured balloons while the linen and curtains were pink and white. Such a good choice of wedding designs.

"Everything looks great." I told Adam while I turned back to him.

"Mhmm." He replied while looking through his phone. "Dad must be very happy."

"Probably not." I said as I turned back to his dad who was arguing with the wedding planner and pointing to the chandelier.

My attention turned back to Adam whose attention was on the phone. I studied his serious expression as he typed on his phone. He looked so cute.

Basically these past few weeks, he has been doing a great job in keeping his promises since the lake day. It doesn't take up to two days before I see Adam. We literally see each other everyday. I still go to his house for study sessions, plus make out sessions.

"Somebody's been checking me out." Adam cuts me out of my thoughts.

I blinked and didn't realise I have been staring at him like a fool.

Just pretend like you knew.

"Don't pretend you don't like it." I smirked as i tried to cover my embarrassed state.

"I don't like it." He shook his head with a smug expression. "I love it."

Thank God he followed up.

"Just like I love this face." He smirked while I chuckled in response before he held my chin with his fingers and leaned in to kiss me.

Before our lips could touch, a box lands in front of us on the table. Inside the box were decoration lights. We both turned to our back to see Mr Richardson standing behind us.

"Hey dad." Adam mumbled.

"Take these to the van." His dad pointed to the box in front of us.

"Sure." He raised his eyebrows and took the box and turned to me. "Will be back soon."