Percabeth

Percy

I was running away from Luke so I ran in to the forest and hid behind a tree. I heard a soft rustling sound and thought it was either Luke or a monster. I hoped it was a monster because a mad Luke was horrible.

I walked closer to the sound and saw someone crying. I was totally taken aback, I has been ready to attack whoever it was with my sword but know it seemed like I needed to attack this person with hugs.

It was definitely a girl, she had blonde hair and I couldn't see her face because it was in her hands. I moved closer and she seemed to notice. She looked up. It was Annabeth.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"Oh, um I wouldn't think you would care." She answered.

"We're not like robots, we have feelings." I said and smiled as I scooted on to the rock she was sitting on and looked it to her face. A moment of pain seemed to cross her face but then she moved closer and kissed me.

Kissed me?

Kissed me!

I hesitated for a second but I missed her lips so I kissed her back. Annabeth and I both pulled away suddenly. I was glad that she couldn't see my face, it was probably as red as the strawberries they grow here.

"Sorry," she said. She tried to look everywhere but at my face.

"It's okay," I said, "but if you don't mind me asking, why did you kiss me?"

She blushed, "oh, it's because your smile reminded me of" she swallowed trying not to cry.

"Percy," I answered.

"How do you know?" She asked quizzically.

"Um . . . I've heard around camp." It was a lame excuse and I don't think she bought it but a camper, who just happened to be Leo, saved my butt. He seemed really winded though, like he ran all the way hear.

"Prophecy . . . New . . . Meeting . . . Big house . . . Now!"