Task #1

Annabeth

I couldn't believe that I was going to visit Rhadymanthus's Palace, but we would have to do all of the challenges. I heard there could be 100 or 10, it just depended on how good you do. I walked in to the palace with Leo and Jason behind me. Leo look a bit scared, but he said it was because he hated test.

The first room we saw was a room with all black obsidian walls that were as smooth as glass. The only wall that was not totally flat was the one in front of us. There was writing on it. I took a step closer and read it.

A man standing on concrete says he can drop a raw egg 2 feet without it cracking on the ground. He uses nothing to catch it or slow it's fall. How does it work?

I read it 5 more times to make sure I understood it.

"Annabeth, do you know how it works because I have no idea," Leo said desperately. Jason nodded at Leo statement.

"I, uh," I thought about it for a few seconds, thinking of the ways I would have preformed that trick. How I would do it. I read the riddle again and smiled as I realized the answer. "I know the answer."

"Really?" Jason asked.

"Yes, really," I said.

"Well what is it," Leo asks.

I will take this moment for anyone who thinks they know the answer to put down what they think it is before I continue, no reading ahead.

"The answer is, that the man was more than 2 feet tall," I said.

The boys both face palmed and told themselves how stupid they were. I looked around and saw nothing different, but finally I heard a creaking noise coming form The wall. I looked and saw a blinding light so I shielded my eyes. When I looked again I saw a door. Off to our next task.