Tree

Annabeth

"Jason!" I yelled.

Jason had been gone for at least 5 minutes now and Leo and I weren't sure if he was still going with us or going with Piper. I took one last look around and didn't see him so I sat down and put my head in my hands. It would have been hard enough without Hazel, Piper, and Commander Omega.

"Annabeth, it'll be okay," said Leo. Then he sat down beside me.

"I guess, we can still do this right," I asked him. He looked confused, probably because he usually asked me for answers.

I heard a snap of a branch. I looked up and saw a stunned looking Jason.

"Uh, Jason, what's the matter?" Leo asked and then stood up.

"P-Piper," he stammered. "She broke up with me."

"What?!, but you guys are like perfect for each other," Leo exclaimed. All I did was look up at him, he looked heartbroken. A tear was running down his face but he quickly wiped it away.

"C'mon, Leo and Jason we should go," I could tell that Jason was getting uncomfortable, so when I said that he silently thanked me.

I looked around, Hazel, Piper, and commander Omega weren't stupid, they took their bags with their stuff in it with them. So, now all we had were our own bags. I grabbed mine and so did Jason and Leo. I took out the compass that I brought and looked down at it. I looked up and pointed to the west.

"That's the way we need to go," I said.

"Um, but that would mean we have to walk through a tree," Leo said, but I ignored him and walked towards the tree. "And I thought you were smart!"

"I'm guessing it's some sort of magic that is hiding the right way from us," I said.

I knew this is the way we had to go because I bet that it means that we have to travel west, like straight west and if that means walking through a tree I will do it.

"Like Hazel's mist?" Asked Jason. He seemed to be trying to get his mind off the breakup.

"No," I said. "I think it is Kronos and Gaea's evil magic, or even Ξεχάσει σκοτάδι."

"What does that even mean?" Asked Jason.

"Don't you know?" I asked, but he just gave me a blank look. "Oh, I forgot your Roman not Greek. It means forgotten darkness."

"Oh," he said. "So, the tree problem, what are we going to do?"

"How about just run at the tree," Leo suggested.

If we ran at the tree it could either work or it could blast us back, so a 50-50 chance.

"It could work," I said determinedly.

"Really?" Asked Leo. He looked Flabbergasted.

"Yeah, or it could blast you," I said.

"Worth a try," Leo said, then charged right at the tree.