Task #4 (part 1)

Annabeth

I couldn't believe what Leo just did. I was freaking out. I just wanted to go and stab Leo. Breath in, breath out I told myself. I had to get my anger under control or things could end up badly.

I looked up to see where Jason, Leo, and I were going, but I didn't see any of them. I did a 360 and still nothing. They were here a moment ago.

"Jason! Leo! This isn't funny," I yelled into the darkness.

They are not here said a voice coming from the everywhere.

"Who are you?" I asked.

Rhadymanthus answered the voice

"What do I have to do to see my friends?" I asked, I knew it was another task.

A door appeared, you need to open that door and walk out he said as if it was obvious.

I nodded, but I didn't think that was the whole truth. I took a step forward, nothing happened. Another, still nothing. I started to walk regularly, but that's when the idlers started pouring out of the walls.

It reminded me of Arachne's lair. And that brought back painful memory's. I closed my eyes and took another step forward, but then I felt one start to come up my leg. I screamed and let a tear fall out of fear.

I looked around again and more spiders were coming, and they were biter then the one that were crawling of me now. I whimpered and stepped forward. I blinked and in the darkness I saw Percy holding on to a ledge and him letting go and then feeling weightless. I opened my eyes. No no no, I told myself, don't think of that.

Only 10 more steps till the door. The bigger spiders were getting closer to me. I let another scream escape me and then I sprinted to the door and the spiders ran after me. They started crawling up my legs pulling me down. I screamed louder. Tears were flowing out of me.

2 more steps. I reached for the door handle and grasped it. I pulled and jumped forward. I shut the door and looked down. No spiders. I looked up and saw a blinding flash and then blackness.