Sword

Percy

"What's the plan then?" Jason asked.

"We all need to attack him at the same time and then I've got it covered," I said.

"Are you sure?" Annabeth asked me, she looked concerned.

"Yeah," I said, but I wasn't so sure anymore, it seemed pretty hard, I couldn't doubt myself though. "I can do it."

"What if it doesn't work?" Hazel asked, she seemed happy though, even if she was about to fight her dad, maybe she was glad we were back, I don't know.

"We shouldn't ask ourselves that," Frank says to Hazel, Hazel smiles up at Frank.

"Your right," she said and nodded.

"So we just attack?" Leo asks. "Like crazy people?"

"Yeah," I say. "Hit him anywhere you can, try to get him to be weak."

"Okay," Annabeth said, but she still seemed to be against the plan.

"Let's go save the world," Piper said, and smiled before she added. "Again."

We all ran off towards Hades. I had to cut threw some skeletons to get there, sense he was behind the army of them.

As I got closer to him I thought back to Hazels question, 'What if it doesn't work?' What if it didn't, what do we do? Do we keep fighting? Do we ask the gods again? Will we die? Or get injured? How will we defeat him?

I pushed the thoughts out of my head. Chaos had never steered me wrong before, and we were going to succeed, no matter what. I was going to do it for Chris and Malcolm and Katie and Travis and Thalia and Nico. Especially the last two. They shouldn't have died.

As I break out of the line of dead warriors I notice that everyone else gets out at the same time, (creepy) I nod to them and we all advance on the god or demigod that is I front of us.

"Oh Noble Demigods come forward and die," He says, moving his hands to welcome us forward to death.

"I'm good," I said to him. "and aren't you a demigod."

He glares at me, and I know I had hit a soft spot, "I am nothing less than a god."

I look up at him, but then see some movement coming from his right. Annabeth is sneaking up behind him, raising her knife to stab him in the gut, that will hurt,a dn definitely weaken him.

"Sure you are," I say, then smile. "But I bet this will hurt."

Annabeth then pushes her knife into his stomach. He yells in pain, but then smiles like it didn't hurt.

"Uh oh," I hear Leo say.

"You forget, I do not feel the pain, only he does," 'Hades' says.

I silently curse and then finger my sword, this will have to work, or my fears will come true.

"Could I try it out," I said.

"Try what out?" He asked.

"See how much pain you can tolerate," I say and bring out my sword to show him. "I really don't like Hades and it would be fun just to stab him once and then we can get back to this."

I really didn't think it would work, The forgotten god seemed way to smart to fall for it, but he did.

"Sure," said the forgotten god, the he turned around to show that I could stab his back.

Annabeth's stab wound was already closing, so my doubts were intensified. I closed my eyes and prayed to anyone who would listen, anyone, even Ares. Please, please, please. It had to work, it just has to. I will do anything, well it anything, anything reasonable, just forget about that last part, I pray.

I raise Chaoses sword and pray once more to Chaos. I bring it down right on where Chaos told me to. He screams in pain and somebody else does also, but I can't figure out my. There is a ringing in my ears so I can't figure out who. I look straight a head and see the sky. What's going on? Then I realize I must be on the ground. I realize I was the one who screamed.

I blink as tears full my eyes from pain, but I don't know what hurts, because everything hurts. Someone moves next to me. I see and feel the tears that they are crying, for me? Maybe some one else, like Thalia, no Thalia's not dead, is she? That brings more tears to my eyes.

"Percy, you'll be okay," the girl says, her unnerving grey eyes staring at me.

Was she talking to me? Was I Percy? I wasn't sure, the pain was everything, it was spreading all over my body, it was all I felt. It burned like fire, some how I knew how that felt.

My breathing quickened, I couldn't get enough air, I felt like I was drowning, that was a different feeling, unlike the fire. I took a breath, and closed my eyes and waited, but another breath didn't come.