Fight (part 3)

Piper

The cut was almost too painful to bare, and the fighting didn't help either. Every time I raised my dagger (or so it a knife, or are daggers and knives the same thing?) I cringed with pain, but I told myself that having a small cut on your arm is better than being killed.

After I finished off another monster I looked around for another target. Annabeth was handling some hellhounds, Nico was finishing off some Empousae, Jason was fighting the furies which was odd because they worked for Hades. I watched Jason fight as I controlled my breathing so it didn't come out in short painful gasps.

Jason was doing well, he had gotten rid of one of them, and was about to kill another when it went wrong. The third one grabbed ahold of him and started to carry him up it to the air.

"Oh no you don't," I yelled and ran to them.

I sliced the one not holding Jason and she crumbled to dust. I looked up and noticed that They weren't very far off the ground. It must have been because Jason was struggling so much.

"Hey you stupid monster," I said using charm speak. "You better drop him right now if you don't want to die!"

The fury blinked a couple of times and then dropped Jason. Jason quickly used the winds to slow his fall and then he pushed himself back up to where the fury was flying. He swung his sword and the fury was no more. Jason settled back onto The ground and walked over to me.

"Good job Pipes," he said and then blushed.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, clearly confused.

"We aren't going out any more," he said.

"Oh yeah," I said and blushed. "I was being stupid when I said that, so do you want to be my boyfriend?"

Jason's face broke into a smile and he nodded, I laughed at his answer.

"Good," I said and then looked around. "And now back to the war."

It seemed like just a few minutes, but it could have been hours, or even days of us fighting monsters. I was okay with it though because Jason was at my side the whole time. I fought with renewed energy, even if my side hurt and blood was all over me, and I was dirty, and tired.

I slashed, hacked, sliced, cut, and killed monster after monster I was growing weak after each monster and so was Jason. After I killed a hydra, with the help of some Greek fire candles Jason brought me over and sat on a rock.

"You need to take a quick break to let the cut heal," he said and handed me some ambrosia.

"Thanks," I said and munched down on it. A warm feeling spread through me and I felt good for a moment but then I looked around at the fighting and I couldn't see Nico, Leo, or Percy and felt like I was going to throw up ambrosia. I looked over at a cave and saw a blue glow coming from it. "What's that?"

"I don't know," Jason said. "Should we check it out?"

I nodded and stood up. I started to walk towards it cautiously with Jason. It was the worst mistake I ever made, but I found out where Leo and Nico were.