Octavian

Jason

We had been hiding behind a rock for a few minutes now. The portal was in front of us being guarded by four roman guys and two dracaena.

"So what now?" Clarisse asked.

"I don't know," I said. "We aren't supposed to close the portal, someone else is going to do it, so I guess we are just here to help."

"Yeah, that's what I think my visions are telling me," Rachel said, which wasn't very encouraging, but still she's the oracle.

I quickly looked back over the rock and stared at the portal, then I noticed something, it seemed to be shimmering. I felt the same intense heat as I did at the wolf house. A god was showing there true form.

I sat down behind the rock quickly, "close your eyes."

"What? Why?" Rachel asked.

"Just do it," I said and closed mine.

Even with them closed I could feel the heat intensify. When it finally subsided I looked over the rock and my eyes widened in realization. It was Percy, Annabeth, Frank, and a nine year old girl, who must be Artemis. I smiled widely at them, but then I saw that they were unconscious.

"Is that Prissy?" Clarisse asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, I did notice that Rachel wasn't surprised, which kind of confused me, but whatever.

I looked back over the rock and saw that the dracaena had disintegrated and one of the Romans were dead. Even if they were evil it made me frown. I noticed that the other three Romans were making there way towards the unconscious demigods and god. They wouldn't be able to fight.

"We have to help them," I said and jumped over the rock and grabbed my sword.

I ran at the first guard and knocked him out quickly. I looked over to the second and he seemed to be calling back up, great, but before he could finish the call Clarisse knocked him out. The third started to scream for help, but he was easily dealt with.

"Rachel you can come out know," I said as I knelt down next to Percy, Annabeth, Artemis, and Frank to check there pulse. Thankfully they all had a steady one. "They're alive."

"That's goo-" Rachel started to say, but then screamed.

I turned to her and was about to ask what was wrong when I saw the blade sticking out of her stomach.

"No, no, no," I said.

The blade was ripped out and she fell to the ground. She was still alive because I could see her breathing. When she fell I saw who had almost killed her. It was Octavian.

"You jerk face," Clarisse said, (I bet she could come up with something better, but at the moment she probably didn't care)she got up and attacked Octavian.

I watched in fascination as they fought. Octavian wasn't a fighter so he was brought down easily. Clarisse stood over him, her sword raised to kill him, which finally brought me out if the daze I was in.

"Don't kill him," I said.

"Why should I not?" Clarisse snarled.

"Because your not a killer," I said. "He does deserve it, but your not a killer."

"Fine," she says and steps off of Octavian.

"You Greeks are too weak," Octavia said and smirked at us and he stood up.

"You shouldn't have said that," Clarisse said, turned around, and cut him in the leg, Octavian yelled in pain and fell to the ground.

I heard another groan and forgot about the little victory we had with Octavian. I ran over to Rachel's side, she was bleeding a lot.

"Rachel, you'll be okay," I said, but I knew I was just telling myself. "You're going to be just perfectly fine."

"Jason," she said, surprisingly calm. "Stop trying to help me, you'll just make it worse. You need to get me to an Apollo camper."

"Yes to heal you," I said, (not going to lie) kind of freaking out. "And then you'll be fine."

"No not fo-" She said, but then gasped in pain and grabbed my arm. "Please."

"Yes," I said. "Totally, I'll do anything to help you."

"Good," she said. "Help me up."

"What!?" I yelled. "Your wounded."

"Jason," She said.

"Fine," I quickly helped her up, but when she finally made it into a standing position she fell back to the ground and started to cough up blood.

"Carry me," she said.

"No, we can call an Apollo camper over here," I said.

"There isn't time," She said and stared up at me, her eyes were searching mine, pleading me to do this for her, like her life depended on it. (Which it did)

"Okay," I said.