A trip across a river and some bad news

Annabeth

I looked over at Charon. He looked exactly as I remembered him, accept this time he was chained.
"Mr. Charon?" Leo yelled in fake cheeriness, as we walked closer to him. I stayed to the back of the group, hoping he wouldn't remember me. "We need a ride across this, oh so beautiful river!"

Charon looked up at all of us and when he saw me he pointed his bony finger at me, "you," he said. "I remember you. You came with that boy and that saytr, and you made it out alive?"

"Yes," I said trying not to step back, he still gave me the creeps, but I'm a daughter of Athena, I need to be calm. "I need you to take me and my friends across the river."

"Why should I do that," he said, with a sly smile on his ghoulish face.

I thought for a minute, what could he want, more than anything. I looked at him and showed off my own smile.

"We will save you from those chains," I said. Charon eyed me, but he seemed to understand that he should take us across, because it was probably the only time some demigods would be visiting the land of the dead to free him.

"I'll do it," he said.

"Swear on the River Styx," Jason added. I smiled at Jason, I almost forgot about that.

"I swear," Charon said. "Now you."

"I swear," I said, so did Leo and Jason. Charon gave us another smirk.

I took out my dagger. (Pretend she didn't lose it in Tartarus) I sawed at the chains. It took a while but soon they came undone. Charon stumbled out of them and walked towards a boat on the river.

"Get in," he said forcefully. Leo, Jason, and I got on.

We slowly started making our way across the River. The light coming off of it made the underworld the brightest its been since I've been down here. We came to a stop on the shore and we got out. Charon slowly started paddling back out to the center of the river.

"You have sealed your fate now," he said. "I have heard some spirits speak of this quest, and when you leave the underworld, 2 people who were mentioned in the prophecy will not leave with you."