Rhaydmanthus

Leo

I walked at a slow pace thinking about what Charon said to us. 2 people won't make it back. 2 people, no it couldn't be possible.

"I bet he was lying about the stuff with 2 people not making it back, just to scare us," I said, optimistically.

"But, what if it is true," Annabeth said. "Remember how Nico talked to spirits and got the information that only 1 child of Hades/Pluto would make it to the doors of death, and that came true."

"Annabeth, don't worry we will make it back all together," Jason reassured her, but it seemed more like he was reassuring himself.

I looked forward up the hill we were walking.

"Please tell me we are not going there," I pointed up at the spooky castle at the top of the hill we were walking up.

"It's to the west Leo, we have to," Annabeth said and kept walking forward. I nodded, but just walked a bit slower than before.

"What is that place anyway?" Asked Jason.

"The palace of Rhadymanthus," Annabeth said. (Not a real place in the underworld)

"Who's that?" I asked. Annabeth sighed.

"Rhadymanthus didn't make the fields of punishment, or the fields of Asphodel, or Elysium, so Hades made him a judge on the council. After that he made a palace that tested people like himself. There would be tests of bravery, selflessness, and how smart you were to decide where you go." She said like it was obvious.

"So we have to take a test," I said.

"No, it's more of a bunch of riddles," she said. "And monsters to defeat."

"Great," I said and we walked straight inside of the Castle.

Short chapter, more short chapters will be coming. Each test thing will probably be one chapter. Just so you know.