Charon

Jason

"Jason," Annabeth yelled as she attacked another Hellhound. There were only 7 left. "Help Leo!"

I looked over, and Leo was only ground with a bleeding leg and 2 Hellhounds were walking around him. He held up a hammer to keep them away. I quickly finished off the two that were around me by stabbing them in the back and then I ran over to Leo. I flipped one of them over on to their backs then brought my sword down on to it. The other one started to circle around me. I watched it getting ready for it to attack. It ran forward. I stepped to the side and brought my sword down in an arc.

"Thanks man," Leo said to me.

"No problem," I answered.

I looked over and saw Annabeth kill the last one. She had a cut on her arm, but it didn't look bad. I looked down at Leo's wounded leg. Bite marks could be seen through the blood.

"Where is the first aid kit," asked Annabeth as she searched though her bag.

"It's in my bag," I said.

Annabeth grabbed it and walked over to us. I watched as she gave Leo some ambrosia and poured nectar on the wound, then wrapped it up.

"You sure you're not an Apollo camper?" Leo asked as he moved his leg without any pain. Annabeth glared at him. Leo put his hands up in surrender. I laughed.

"Are you fit to travel?" Annabeth asked Leo, he nodded. "Then get up!"

We grabbed all of our stuff and started walking farther west.

"When are we going to get there, because if we never do get there we will end up in the same place we were before," Leo said.

"I know," Annabeth said. "And when we are there, there will be an army so I think we will know when we get there."

I walked in the back making sure nothing sneaked up on us and I thought back to what happened yesterday, Frank got taken over by an evil spirit, god thing, our quest group split up, Piper broke up with me, and finally we went into the underworld. A pretty packed day.

"Stop," said Annabeth.

I turned around and saw the River Styx and it was completely blocking our path.

"Great," I said. "How do we get around it?"

"Maybe we could ask Charon to ferry us over?" Annabeth said.

"Who's Charon?" I asked and looked around and saw no one.

"He should be here," Annabeth said.

"Does he happen to work for Hades?" Leo asked nervously, like he wanted to answer to be no.

"Yes," Annabeth said, Leo sighed. "Why?"

"The forgotten darkness guy took over the underland and Hades and everything that is Hades's," He said quickly.

"Oh, gods," Annabeth said.

I looked at the impossible river we had to cross and looked to see if there was any break in the River,. then something caught my eyes, golden looking chains connecting to a person, more like a ghost.

"Is that Charon," I said and pointed.

Annabeth looked over and confirmed my suspicion by nodding. Great, I thought, our only way across the river is tied up.