Styx

3rd person point of view

The underworld was dark. It might have been because there was no sun light but there was also a hazy fog that slowly moving in the gloom. The underworld was never this dark. There was always a light emitting off something, but today it was like there was only gray or black. It might have been because of all the evil coming out of Tartarus or something else.

A light green light cut through the darkness, not making it much brighter but enough to see. Two figures stepped farther into the underworld. One was much more solid than the other. The other one was more powerful even if it could not fight or do anything.

"Forward," it said.

"Yes master," said the solid one. It was definitely a boy.

They walked deeper into the underworld, nothing bothered them. The rock walls loomed over them. There was silence. Nothing could be heard, or seen, but soon another brighter glow erupted from the darkness. The two visitors walked a bit faster.

When they arrived to the glow, you could tell it was a river, the river Styx. The boy timidly stepped closer to get a good look at it, then Stumbled back.

"I have to go in there," the boy said and pointed.

"Yes," said the other one. "Are you unfaithful, like your brother?"

The boy answered by walking right towards the river and he went in. He screamed when he touched the water and the other traveler just chuckled at his pain. The boy in the water was slowly disappearing. He grasped any thought he could. Then he thought of what made him faithful to Kronos, why he hated the gods, and he stopped moving and yelling and just floated.

He calmly walked out of the water and looked down at himself, "is that good enough for you?" He asked.

"Why Daniel, yes it is," Kronos said. He then started chanting in Greek and everything got quieter if it was even possible.

Kronos's essence moved forward towards Daniel. Their body's started glowing as they got closer together. When they touched a scream ripped though the silent darkness.

And the underworld is never that dark and never that quiet.