Chapter 1

👑 Mia 👑

I usually start my day by waking up at 6:30 and by the looks of it it's going to be a rainy day. I love rainy days in New York I wish I could stay here all day. Unfortunately, I have to get ready. Why you might ask. Oh, cause my lovely mother is unemployed and pregnant. When I say pregnant I don't mean something like a normal pregnancy.

She's been through so much these past months with getting fired for making too many unscripted absences at work. And yeah almost losing a baby or different problems with your health is called an unscripted absence. So she's on bed rest, I rolled out of my college good thing for me at least is that they still are going to let me graduate if I pass the semester's exams. It's going to be really tough.

You might ask what about my father. He died a few years back and my mother sold everything that we had when he died. The reason for that was she couldn't live in that house full of memories. I understand that she felt upset, but why would she marry someone else as soon as my father was buried but she couldn't keep the house. Well, she didn't marry that fast but it took her about 5 months max to tie down to Mark my stepfather.

The first years were okay I was still coping with the loss of my best friend (my father) but everything was going great aside from that. I became closer with Vanessa and Liam who are now my besties I don't know what I would do without them. When things start getting better, life throws something that makes everything worse again.

Mark hide from my mom that he had some huge debt to pay. So the bank took our new house and mother paid the rest of the dept with the money my father left us and with the money that she got from our old house. With the very little money that we had left we rented a really small apartment in one of the worst streets in Brooklyn. Oh and that's not it Mark got fired from his job as a mailman and my mother had to apply for a second job to afford us.

Mark started drinking and money that we could use for food went for buying alcohol so I decided to apply for a part-time job. There's where I meet the lovely Mrs.King she helped me a lot when she found out about our living situation. She helped me with school work while I was at work and she inspired me to work hard for my family and that is why I rolled out of college the moment I found out that my mother was going to bring another human being to this world.

I changed my schedule from working part-time at the coffee house to full time and I also picked up another job as a bartender at one of the newest club in town. I hope out of the shower and quickly brush my hair. I walk out of the bathroom to see Mark passed out on the floor the usual. I quickly prepare some Nutella pancakes for my mother and Mark on the other hand I prepare myself some oatmeal. Taking my bowl and my mom's plate I move to her and Marks bedroom. I usually take care of her even if she says that she can cook for herself I know that she needs to lay down.

"Morning mommy! How are you feeling today? How's my little brother?"I say while rubbing her belly.

"The usual just kicking and moving around. I, on the other hand? Quite ready to push him out" she says, laughing. "Have you seen Mark he didn't come to bed last night?"

"Yeah he is sleeping on the couch I'm sure that he didn't want to disturb you." Even though she knows now who she married I still don't want to upset her.

"Ok then. As always the pancakes are delicious your brother and I say thank you. Oh dear, you better go to work it's getting late."

"Yeah, you're right. I better get going I might go with Vanessa for lunch. Do you need me here cause I can cancel?"

"No honey thank you for caring about us but the doctors said I could move around the house. So you don't need to worry about us go have fun and say hello to Vanessa from me."

"Ok, you have some leftovers in the fridge." I say and get out of the room. I get my bag and I walk as fast as I can.

This is Mia btw

This is Mia btw.

Started: 03.08.2019
Published: 01.01.2020
Completed: 19.04.2022

Please give the book a chance.

Even if you don't continue no hard feelings thank you for checking it out on the first place.

Stay safe and love you❤️
Summer