EP115: You're Human First...

Author Note: A large part of this chapter including the title is heavily inspired by EinAr_17 's stories.

***

***

Kousuke and Knight's fight raged on, none of them caring at all what was happening around them.

Knight: " your bravery and resolve is sure to be commended, hadn't it been driven by the foolishness and blindness of mankind."

Kousuke: " foolishness?"

He snorted as Lucifer backed, surrounded by Charis bits.

Kousuke: " you don't understand that that's where the beauty of mankind lays. "

Knight frowned deeply at him.

Knight: " beauty of mankind? Don't make me laugh. Where's the beauty in a race that ruins everything they grasp? The future has no need for such beauty."

The bits circling Lucifer, preventing him escaping, span around as they charged their beams.

Charis: " I'll put you to rest!"

Lucifer: " you're dreaming!"

He flew up with high speed when all the beams converged on where he was standing, leaving nothing but a piece of charred ground.

Charis: " no you're not!"

With a wave of his hand, the bits chased after him.

Kousuke: " Hissatsu Function!"

" Attack Function: Seraphic Wing!"

The concentrated energy unleashed upon the bits destroyed them before Lucifer emerged from the smoke, swooping towards Charis and glowing brightly.

" Seraphic Mode!"

Kousuke: " show him your beauty! Lucifer!"

As he swayed down his sword, it was interrupted by Charis beam blades which shot out of his arm plates.

Charis: " there is no use!"

Lucifer: " I wonder!"

They started exchanging blows, and for a second Lucifer seemed to be pressing hard on the white LBX, giving him no time to retaliate.

Knight: " I'm not letting a foolish like you ruin what we worked hard for!"

Kousuke: " what Leviathan is planning isn't beautiful, thus it deserves to be ruined."

His eyes glistened with resolve as Lucifer managed to take the upper hand, with his increasing speed he was delivering well-pointed strikes at Charis who began staggering, unable to defend himself anymore.

Knight: " what... How! Charis can't be overrun!"

He attempted to unleash more bits to call forth a shield but they were all slashed at and sliced.

Kousuke: " Spec isn't all to an LBX Battle! Someone once managed to teach me that!"

Charis: " don't get ahead of yourself!"

" Charismatic Mode!"

The beam blades enlarged as Charis flew away of Lucifer's reach and swooped down for him again, slashing at him. It was his turn to press on with quick onslaughts that Lucifer used both shield and sword to parry.