EP18: A Memory...

She sighed when her cousin ended the call.

Ran: " it seems he got himself into something. I hope it's not that dangerous."

She had been trying to convince him to stop, to let go, to do something else. But all he kept telling her was ' I couldn't, it's out of control '.

Her eyes wandered up to the drawer of the closet. She looked down before throwing her body back on the bed.

Ran: " please, be safe, Arata..."...

***

***

Mirai sat down and looked at the blue and white painted LBX on the desk. It wasn't her Strike Freedom, that was placed inside her bag. This was a different one, with its design similar to Achilles.

Mirai: " what's the matter, Ban?"

She said as soon as she reached the park where he asked her to meet him. It was a few days after Hiro woke up.

Ban stood up and walked  to her, holding up his hand that contained the blue and white LBX.

Ban: " Jin retrieved it from the spot of the incident. It was in a bad shape but Dad managed to fix it."

Mirai's eyebrow crooked slightly.

Mirai: " why are you giving it to me?"

Ban had a soft smile.

Ban: " because you're Hiro's older sister. When the time will come and you will feel Hiro does want to walk down the path of LBXs again, please give him it."

Mirai wandered her eyes between the brunette and the LBX before holding it gently in her hands. As she did so, she felt some kind of warmth in her hands.

Ban: " what you're holding now is non other that Hiro's passion, you're holding his heart in your hands."

Mirai looked up, confused at his words.

Mirai: " his passion... His heart..."

Ban: " Hiro used this LBX for so long. He fought along side it for everyone, he spend days and nights working on its maintenance and improving it. You can feel them, all the feelings Hiro placed in this small metal body."

Mirai looked down and for a second, she saw Achilles D9's eyes glimmering.

Ban: " please take good care of it."

He said and left her in the park.

Mirai: " when the time comes and I will feel he wants to go down the path of LBXs again..."

She reached to her CCM and scrolled down the photos again. She stopped on a particular one, it was when they both entered a small tournament that happened to be held near by and won.