13.

Laiyla  POV

Today the boys had an AAU game and i'm coming to watch, roe would have came, but she was taking a class on fashion design today. they have a big test and if she passes she an certificate allowing her to style for some very popular people. 

i'm proud of her, i might even have her style me once i get big in the fashion industry.  i was in a simple yet cute fit since it was hot on this Sunday afternoon.

 the whole ball family has been giving me weird looks all day, only one who hasn't is melo

 the whole ball family has been giving me weird looks all day, only one who hasn't is melo. i love them all but it makes me feel really uncomfortable every now and them, like they keep giving m faces that make me assume i did something wrong. or like ill be having a convo with one of them and they'll zone out as if their thinking on something really hard, while giving me a look that makes me feel like they are questioning my whole existence

i was scrolling through instagram on my phone when someone tapped my shoulder, i looked up to see Zo. he motioned for me to follow him then walked out the gym. so i sat my phone down then walked out shortly afterwards.

once we were outside he looked at me for a while. as if he was trying to figure out how he was going to say what he wanted to say. then he spoke...

ZO: um ... iyla is everything okay?

he asked scathing the back of his head before looking down at his Zo2's

IYLA: um yes, you guys are starting to make me feel really uncomfortable, did i do something wrong ?

ZO: NO! NO! of course not it's just we haven't seen melo act like that since he was with IRIS. and she was his first iyla, he was crazy about her at one point. you gotta understand how scary that his for us,.... our family . he stopped eating , didn't even want to play basketball for a while which eventually made my dad go crazy. we just don't want to see him go down that road again.

then i stood there shocked at what just came out of his mouth. at that moment i knew , what had been going on. i hadn't even noticed it before. but now ... now it was so clear. ever since me and melo had sex the night of his game like 2 days ago. he's been crazy over me , always random face timing to make sure i am where i say i am. or randomly popping up at my house say he missed me even tho i had literally seen him like minutes before. i wasn't thinking to much about it but it all clicks now.

now i know why they been giving me  weird and worried looks , they are all scared for melo, but i'd never do anything to hurt melo...

ZO: hey!..... HEY!!! ...iyla are you there?

i hadn't realized that i zoned out. i looked up at zo  and huged him trying to keep the tears from coming out of my eyes.

IYLA: zo what to hell i love that kid so much i'd never hurt him.