Things Work Out For The Best (Mirio x Reader)

This is a request from 0ne_Weird_Tiger. Sorry it took so long. I hope you enjoy.

It had been a very long day for you. The day had been wayyyyy to slow for your liking and every class made you want to close your eyes and fall asleep. All you wanted was for the last class to finish so you could go to bed and sleep.

Eventually the final bell rang and as quick as you could, you packed your bag and raced out of the boring classroom. Racing down the stairs, through the crowded corridors and past the office. But as you were about to run down the stairs to get out to school you trip over your foot and fall towards the steps.

'Oh this is gonna hurt' you thought, you put your arms out in front of you to brace your fall and close your eyes waiting for the hard impact of the concrete steps to come. But what you hit wasnt the steps at all.

You open your eyes and looked up in a daze to see that you had landed in the chest of your crush Mirio.

"Woah, you alright there (Y/N). That would have been a pretty bad fall if I hadn't of caught you." He said as he held you securely in his arms.

"Yea I'm fine, thanks Mirio" you say distantly. Looking at his beautiful blue eyes, the gorgeous smile and his lovely blonde hair. His lips were right there calling for you. You couldn't help yourself. Without even knowing it you placed your lips on his.

A second later you snapped out of it and realized what you were doing. Your face flushed a bright red and you jumped out of Mirio's arms, his face also a bright red.

"I-I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me. I'll just go now" and you raced off hearing Mirio call your name behind you.

You race to the dorms and up to your room where you shut and locked your door. You then proceed to bash your pillow on your head at how stupid you had just been. You had probably just embarrassed yourself and Mirio in front of 50 people outside of school. You were going to be a laughing stock tomorrow.

'WHY DID I JUST KISS MY CRUSH IN FRONT OF EVERYONE " you yelled to yourself before sighing. Well there goes social life forever.

A knock on your door made you pause for a moment. Oh great, here it begins.

"Who is it" you ask quietly.

"It's me Mirio. Can we talk for a second" he ask. Oh no. Why him, this was going to be so embarrassing. Ypu walk up to the door and slowly open it and move aside for him to walk in. You both stood there quietly until you decided to say something.

"Mirio I'm so so so sorry I embarrassed you like that in front of everyone. I swear I didn't mean to I just dont know what came over me and-"

"(Y/N) slow down, I'm not angry or embarrassed at all by that. In fact it was a good that it happened" he said and that got you confused.

"Why a good thing" you ask

"Because it shows that you like me back" he replied and it took you a moment to get what he was taking about.

"WAIT, YOU LIKE ME" you scream and he nods in response.

"I have for a while, now how about we do it properly this time he said leaning forward to kiss you but just as your lips were about to touch

"Look Tamaki, there a couple now isn't that great" Nejire squealed.

"I think you just ruined the moment" Tamaki replied. You and Mirio just laughed before the kiss actually happened. Guess things worked out for the best after all.