she kisses you mid-sentence

You could hardly contain your excitement as you stood in the airport on your tallest tiptoes, just waiting for Jennie to appear.

You've been waiting for this day; although impatiently. The days dragged by when she first left. The bed felt empty and that feeling didn't seem to disappear, even as time went by. But through as many FaceTime calls and phone calls as you could share each day over the last two and a half months, you managed to make it through.

You pulled your phone out of your back pocket in hopes that you'd find a missed text from Jennie that they'd finally landed. But there was nothing there.

But just as fast as the disappointment started to wash over you, it completely faded away just just as quickly. Because there was no mistaking those excited screams from the excited fans gathered around behind and beside you.

You lifted your head to find the girls making their way toward you. Jennie was talking to Jisoo, both of them laughing about something random. But when Jennie noticed you, she almost froze on her feet. It felt like time stood still when your eyes locked from across the room. She quickly tapped Rosé on the arm and handed her bags over to her before she ran across the room and over to you.

She pulled you into her arms and spun you around causing a loud but cheerful giggle to fall from your lips. She buried her face in your neck and breathed in the smell of your perfume. Her chest was filling with butterflies, heart swelling with so much love and so much happiness she wondered if it would explode right out of her chest.

She pulled away and her forehead fell to yours instantly. She looked you deeply in your eyes and with your chest against hers, she could feel your heart skipping a beat here and there.

Your mind was racing, filled with so many questions about the tour and how she's been these last couple of months, and the excitement was just too much for you to contain.

"I'm so happy you're home!"

She grinned brightly and you watched her look away from your eyes to look down at your lips then back into your eyes once more.

"I've missed you so much! How was the tour? It looked amazing from the videos I saw! Not that I'm surprised, you and the girls always know how to put on an amazing show!"

You continued to speak. Question after question fell from your lips and though she thought it was adorable and oh so sweet how happy you always are for her, all she could seem to think about was kissing you. The more she watched your lips move, the stronger the desire to kiss you became. She was mesmerized by how soft they looked. It's been so long since she was able to kiss you and she couldn't take it any longer.

"What was your favorite show? Or your favorite song to-"

You couldn't even finish the question before she was hooking her fingers under your chin to bring you in for a long, passionate kiss.

Her lips moved feverishly against yours and she swiped her tongue along your lip to really relish in the taste of your lips again. She could taste the mint on your breath and her knees nearly buckled when you looped your arms around her neck and tried to pull her closer.

She pulled away slowly, kissing you softly a couple more times before she pulled away completely. She slowly opened her eyes to meet your own and she bit her lip and caressed your cheek with the palm of her hand when she felt your heart beating faster.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to interrupt you but I couldn't wait for even another second to kiss you."

Her heart almost stopped when you sent her that beautiful smile that always makes her heart soar.

"Does it look like I'm complaining?" You chuckled and kissed her again. "I really missed you."

"I really missed you too, my love. I'm so happy to be home again."