89 - Clinic

Started Typing On – 24/12/2020

Chapter 89 – Clinic 

Rohan clears his throat, anticipating.

Typed Again On – 29/12/2020

His mother slides her eyes at him, utterly confused until Rohan curses under his breath and starts rubbing his temple. As soon as—whenever Rohan begins to massage or rub his temple, it sure did not benefit people around him—he does this, his mother is aware he's sitting on the edge.

She flicks past her memory to recall what could be possible means by looking at her and clearing his throat. Then she remembers.

Realization drowns in her eyes. She gives her son an apologetic expressions before catching Siya quietly watching the movie with them. "Siya, beta, I get bored at home these days. I'm thinking of going to the park with a couple of the ladies in the neighbourhood."

To say Rohan is clueless of where—going to the park and I get bored—came from, is an understatement. He's both anxious and distracted of how his goddess liar mother will corrupt his plan to please and surprise his wife for once. He flicks his mother a 'what are you saying? Stick to the plan,' by jittering his chin at her and eyes warning her to not mess this up.

Ridhi ignores. Siya removes her eyes from the movie and looks almost as confused as her husband. "Umm," her eyes travel to the clock hanging in the living room. "It's eleven, Ma." Who goes to the park at eleven at night?

What's even more confusing and to her shock is the fact her mother-in-law is discussing or telling her this. Not that Siya doesn't appreciate it at all. It's just—overwhelming.

Ridhi smiles, "No, I mean during the afternoons or evenings. Ladies in our society are planning this, what do you call it? Walk—I don't remember."

"Walk what?" Rohan mumbles, horrified with whatever name his mother was suggesting. He's never heard of this.

Siya gives a knowing nod to her mother-in-law, ignoring Rohan's dramatic reaction. "Walking bus?" Ridhi's eyes sparkle in recognition. "Who came up with the idea? Either they're highly educated or know the world around them or have some travelling family member around them." Siya was pleased to know her mother-in-law had some decent ladies who think of others things apart from poking their noses in the Bhatt family's business.

"Walking bus?" Rohan prompts her to speak.

Siya sighs, throwing the pillow at him. He sat—laid on the other couch, to his mother's left. "Walking bus is basically a small—or big—group of people who travel to the same destination together. Kinda like a small trip to a place but regularly to usual day-to-day places."

He's fascinated. "Woah. So humans walking but like bus—that made no sense." She scrunches her nose in distaste, agree with him. "You were part of this walking bus thing?"

"Yes. My friends and I did that while going to University. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday's."

Ah, New York. That's why I didn't know. He registers the new piece of information in his head. Impressed—somehow?—with himself for learning new things from Siya each day.

Ridhi brings the topic back to herself. "Yes, walking bus, so I'll go from Saturday to Sunday. For three or four hours." Siya nods, eyes on the TV screen. She doesn't find how this requires any necessary expressions or opinions from her. "I was thinking, you'd get bored at home, Siya, when I'm gone."

Rohan pretends to be engrossed in the movie but pivots himself so he can side-glance the ladies and catch his wife's joyful expressions in a few seconds. Siya only nods. Agreeing. "Why don't you join that dance class of yours?" Ridhi gently and warmly suggests.