32- 'It's Time'

Started Typing On – 14/07/2019

Chapter 32- 'It's Time'

Author's Pov:

Siya-

On their second day in Pune Siya woke up from a hand shaking her constantly. Flicking her tired and sleepy eyes she meets Payal's worried face. Siya starts to rub her eyes in order to get rid of the sleep and gets up from the bed into a sitting position with her back touching the wall when Payal spoke in a panicky voice. "Siya. Oh My God!"

"Kya hua?" (What happened?) Siya muttered through her morning voice, continuing to blink her eyes.

Payal, who sat beside Siya now moved on the bed to sit infront of Siya to sound serious. "Rohan is gay!" She shrinks and winces a little like she'd hated to say it out loud.

"Acha." (Okay/nice) She mumbles quickly, yawning. Once her eyes were fully open she looks to find Payal looking at her with shocked and horrified expressions as if Siya said the wrong thing. "Wha—wait! What?!" Siya jumps up from the bed only to be pulled down by Payal's hand on her wrist.

She flops down—thankfully not hitting her head on the wall—and watches Payal. Her eyes asking her friend millions of questions. That's not possible. He sounded like he's into female—but then again, he doesn't entirely sound like Rohan himself.

"Tara told Neetu and Neetu told Arushi and Arushi told me!" She huffs, breathless from all the talking. "And I told you." What are we playing? Chinese whisper game? "Varun! He's in a relationship with Varun!" She cries out.

"That's not possible." That's impossible.

"I know!" Siya finds herself letting a relief breath escape her mouth to find Payal agreeing with her but seems otherwise when her friend speaks again adding, "—Varun can't be gay! I mean, I don't know about Rohan but—"

WHAT? "Rohan is not gay ok." Siya's sharp voice came in defence.

Payal shakes her head, not agreeing with Siya. "Even if he is it's ok." Her voice turns sweet. "Being gay is fine but why is he with Varun?" Her voice turns bitter at the mention of Rohan being involved with Varun. "I heard they're sharing roo—"

"It's bullshit." Mary walks into the room with her wet hair dripping onto the shoulder blades of her top. "Half of the time Tara doesn't even know what's happening around him then how can you believe this?" This makes Siya nod. "Varun was with some chick few years ago and Rohan is apparently a heartbroken lover, clearly not gay." Mary walks over to the dressing table and starts to comb her hair.

"Heartbroken lover?" This makes Siya curious. "How do you know?" She gets up from the bed and walks over to cupboard to get a new towel out. She looks over her shoulders, trying hard not to look interested but she was. Keep it cool.

"The younger Verma brother said som—" Mary gets cut off by Payal.

"What chick was Varun with?" Her eyebrows raised, very much into the conversation. It made Siya slightly smile at Payal. Joshi's friend had completely forgotten about the whole 'gay' topic at the mention of Varun having an ex-girlfriend. Girls.

Mary turns to Siya, completely ignoring Payal and places hands on her hips. "I don't understand why people refer to girls/females as 'chicks.' What are we? Newly hatched birds?" Through her voice you could clearly tell how offended and unhappy Mary was with the phrase.

This takes Payal off topic as she stands up from the bed to ask a question then sits back down in utter confusion. Siya finds herself nodding, agreeing to everything Mary had said. "What are we? Chicken's laying eggs?" The furiousness showed as she combed her hair quickly with no remorse on her tangles.