15- Unlucky 'R's'

Started Typing On – 11/05/2019

Started Typing Again On – 12/05/2019

Chapter 15- Unlucky 'R's'

Siya's Pov:

I think loneliness is getting to me, which seems like the best way to define my stupid agreement to Mary. How could I nod my head at her invitation? It's not like I know her well, forget well, I don't even know her at all and here I am, walking into my society with confusion lurking beneath my thin lined forehead. What do I get her?

God has given a little mercy on us by providing sun but along that the wind came, blowing into my face, pushing my hair all over my face and I frustrated keep pushing it back. And through the cold airy breeze goes onto my light material work white shirt, so impactful that I felt the urge to run my hands along my arms up and down in motion. I should carry a jacket from now on.

My hand slipped into my purse like every other day to get inside the house when someone tapped me on my hand, like any other normal human being—for once—I turned around casually to see the same little eyes gazing at me, today with an exciting and overjoyed smile lingering on his lips unlike other days they were just normal, almost measured.

"Hello, Saif." This Muslim boy had never failed to keep a smile on his face whether he was feeling the mood or not. It's too early to judge but he seemed mature for his small age.

He returns the beautiful smile, falling in step beside me and I can't help but grin at the thoughtfulness of his. Rather than other kids who'd probably take time to understand how 'walking' is better than just standing and talking, he uses his initiative and walks beside me and replies with a very loud and cheerful "Hello."

Such an adorable black headed boy. The best quality were his hair. I could tell his mother always paid extra attention to oil those silky beauties after bath to keep the shine, the boy definitely rocked it especially when they fell on his temple, just like now. "Went to school huh?" I tease, though, there's nothing to tease about. Going to school is normal. Too normal if you ask me.

He jumps on the dirty ground beneath us, someone absolutely couldn't hold his excitement and I end up chuckling softly at him. "Yes! I-i-it w-w-was g-great." I don't exactly know his age but from what I'm guessing he can talk with proper phrases but stuttered a lot. I wish he didn't. His sweet voice would have been extra sweet if he could speak like normal children. Normal people. Doesn't take away his inner beauty though.

"That's nice, made friends?" I ask, looking down at him as he grins looking at his new shoes. They looked new to me. He nods raising his index finger to show he's got one friend. "Wow, that's so cool. Saif has a friend." I exclaim a little too dramatically just to sound as equally hyper and excited as him, he loves my loud voice and giggles quietly. I lean down to his ear and we both stop. "Should I tell you a secret?" He nods and I step back a little to watch his expressions.

"I also made a friend." If you count her as my friend?

"Y-y-you d-did?" I nod and his smile grows. "S-same d-day we m-made f-friend." I ruffle his hair, and I was right. They were so soft.

"So cool!" I whisper, pushing away the hair from his temple which were falling in front of his dark eyes framed by his black lashes. "We are so alike." I don't think we are. He lives with his parents, I don't. But one little lie doesn't hurt if it makes him smile, and he does smile. "I will see you later, Saif. I have to cook and clean and finish my work or my boss would fire me." I sigh towards the end, hating my 'to do list,' already.