30- 'You're No Less'

Started Typing On – 11/07/2019

Chapter 30- 'You're No Less'

Author's Pov:

Siya

"What was the point of talking to him in that tone, Mary?" Siya questioned, unable to hide her annoyance through her voice. The three friends sat comfortably on the king sized bed. Mary made full eye contact while Siya spoke but Payal kept looking down at her lap as if she'd had enough for the day.

Mary lets out an exasperated sigh in equal amount of disappointment at Siya. "Are you pointing the finger at me because of him? Because of Rohan?" Her eyes accuse Siya of betrayal making Joshi shrink in sadness.

She looks away from her friends, her eyes glaring at the white bedsheet. Betrayal. That's the kind of expression her parents would have if she turns up to their doorstep. Not just a small pained eyes but more. More showing through their eyes, their cheeks going red from anger or tears of seeing their daughter safe but Siya knew the aggregations they held inside them for seven months would overpower the love.

"I'm not." Siya speaks up after a long silence filling up the room. Payal shifts into her place awkwardly. She wants to get over with everything and sleep already but her friends weren't done. "I'm just tired." The lady adds after a while trying to clarify herself.

"Everyone is." Mary chokes out.

"Ok, that's enough. Let's just sleep." Payal steps into the conversation for the first time. She gives Siya one pleading look to drop the topic because she was aware of the fact that Mary wouldn't. Joshi gets the indication and shrugs away, blinking away her unshed tears and slips under the cover on the far end of the bed.

Payal sleeps in the middle, falling asleep quickly but before she sleeps she whispers something into Siya's ears, "Sometimes it's ok to be quiet." If only she knew how quiet Siya has been in most of her life.

It was a routine of being calm, composed and silent. Whatever her father would say—suggest, sometimes command—she listened, obeyed like a child should. She adapted to being told what to do and it was fine. It was fine long as it wasn't a big decision taken for her own life.

She shuffles around every twenty minute. Sleep far from reach. Reaching her fingers to touch her phone under the pillow she touches the screen, letting the bright light brighten the room from her side of the bed. Maybe he'll pick up. Taking that thought with her she walks out of the room, and out the main door so nobody hears her.

Wrapping a scarf around herself she seats on the cold stairs. Pressing into the new number her brother had texted her she waits for him to pick up.

Rohan-

"You were a bit out of boundary over there." Varun admits with a serious expression pasted on his face.

Tara was walking out of his room with a water bottle in his hand. His eyes find Varun and Rohan standing inside the living room with not so happy expression. "All ok?" Tara asks, his voice opposite to grim.

Varun pulls of a sarcastic smile, "Rohan just missed getting his throat slit." He looks at Rohan to see him scowling and then back at Tara who had his eyebrows raised now and his hands slightly angled in confusion. "All's well."

Not sparing a look at either one of the guys, Varun yawns and walks into his and Rohan's room for the next few days.

"Ok?"