51- Missing Item

Typed On- 24/10/2019

Chapter 51- Missing Item

She'd just came home for a few minutes to pick up the saree she brought for Rohan's mother. I should have been prepared. She won't lie, Siya did have a dreaded feeling of getting scolded by Rohan for being so careless—rather foolish—even though he'd informed her beforehand about the plan of heading straight to his house after work. As bizarre and indigestion as it sounds, he only gave his head a slight tilt in disappointment before driving in her house's direction.

Rohan stood outside, leaning onto his bike, watching Siya with gentle eyes as she made her way to him with red recyclable plastic bag she received after purchasing the piece of clothing in her hand. There was a flick of uncertainness in her smile, wavering off the lightness in the air.

The gap between his eyebrows knitted up together. Alarmed. "What's wrong?" He no longer had his back resting on the bike, instead stood strongly, upright in front of her, convincing her he's ready for anything she's got to say.

Siya shakes her head. Gulping down the uneasiness. Today is a big day. She thought, sliding her worry and suspicion away for his mother's birthday. "Nothin-nothing." She choked.

"Siya." He pressed. Not only do his eyes roll back in his socket but his head does a major head-circle in annoyance.

He wouldn't let it drop until she admitted the reason behind her fury worry so she made up a lie, "Baba is sick. My brother texted me—to let me know." Her eyes narrowed at the ground. Angry at herself for lying because Rohan hated lies and ashamed for bringing her father and brother into this. Moreover, she couldn't handle Rohan's pitied warm eyes lingering on her.

He opened his mouth to ask a lot of questions related to her father's health but decided against it. She didn't look in a good state to talk about it, so he only said he wishes her father to recover quickly. She nodded.

It was in my bed. I remember putting it there. All of them.

When Siya walked into her house—ten minutes ago. Or maybe fifteen—she headed straight to her room. She wanted to be greeted by a royal red coloured plain suit with red printed dupatta which had tasselled along the border but it wasn't there.

It wasn't on her bed just the way she left it in hopes of folding it after she got home and remember to wear it for Rohan whenever they met next. She'd washed it only yesterday so she could wear it and not forgot about it but it wasn't there.

It wasn't in her bed.

She wanted to look around the house but fought against her opinion and opened the cupboard, got the saree out for his mother and headed out. Now, sitting behind Rohan, Siya couldn't remove the phobia from burning up in her stomach. "Ready?" He asked. Siya only replied with her hand firmly pressing onto his shoulder.

The ride was silent. Mostly. If anyone talk, it was always Rohan. Telling her small details or flashback memory of some of the roads he'd grown up close to. Siya only hummed in reply, her mind still blocked with the thought of her clothes disappearing. Rohan didn't add much thought to it because being quiet sometimes was Siya's habit. And he did understand her nervousness of meeting his mother.

His knuckle does a loud knock at the familiar door to his eyes and gives Siya—standing beside him—a courteous grin. She returns it despite the tension bubbling inside her. Ridhi, Rohan's mother, opens the door wide with flour on her hand. On looking at Rohan's face she frowns but he gestures with his eyes to his mother, making her realise he's not alone. Then her smile reforms into a much brighter and happier one.