46- Invitation

Started Typing On – 25/09/2019
Chapter 46: Invitation

"Who said I'm getting married?"

An unsure expressions passes through his chocolatey caramel eyes from the ray of sunlight beaming over his face. Had he expected too much from Siya to consider him as a proposed groom? Or was there a misunderstanding because judging by her arched perfectly shaped eyebrows lifting precisely from the corner gave a lot away.

You better have an explanation. If she wasn't implying on that by her edged expressions, then Rohan's in deeper trouble to cover up his tracks.

"I meant—" and the fumbling started as he searched for a better explanation behind his blunt statement. "Siya!" He groans. The signal was supposed to be enough for her to understand what I meant.

It sinks at the bottom of her heart, filling up all the remaining confidence she has left. Her lips quiver and she scratches the back of her head. To speechless. "I want their blessings." Her voice lower than usual. Too afraid of Rohan's lecture on how he's accountable for all the misery in her life.

But he didn't say anything as such. He stares at her lowered face, hanging down in enormous guilt gripping her neck, twisting it clamped shut until it'll snap and he fears watching her snap open.

"You have to face them one day. Then why not now?" His tone is calmer. Collective. And understandably kinder than he's ever been. He's weighting it all out properly.

Siya looks up, the gaze demanding her to take up the challenge but she shrugs it away, changing the topic. "Find me some chairs." His eyebrow arches like an arrow, questioning her in silence. She shakes her head with a hint of smile playing on her lips. "I don't have many."

As the signal reaches him he couldn't help but let out a deep rumble vibrate through his chest. She turned his earlier taunt—when they weren't friendly—into a causal joke. He nods, once, twice, thrice before throwing a pillow from the sofa at her head in a way to hide his grin.

Siya's face connects with the soft pillow before she could dodge it. Her face moves back in a quick reaction and the pillow falls down. She looks at Rohan with widespread eyes, surprised with his playful behaviour.

"Yo-y-you!" Her accusing finger lands to his direction, her mouth twisted into a thin straight line and eyebrows looking sharper, deadlier, and darker than before.

"Me what?" He presses, leaning back onto the couch, his hands slinging on the couch like it was his home. His couch.

Looking for a comeback was a waste of time. Siya wanted revenge so she did exactly what he did. She picked up the pillow and aimed it straight at his smirking face. It surely did wipe his smug smirk off before his face exchanged into a furrow.

She was too quick. Too quick to let him get away. Picking up the small pillow from behind her own seat she threw it on his face, giggling loudly, still afraid to get hit back so she took slight small steps back.

Typed 02/10/2019

He gives her a look of determination. To avenge the already averaged revenge. Picking up both the cushions in his hand, gripping them like steel or something worthful to be kept close he directs the cushion to her face. Unfortunately he was a little slower in comparison to her. She dodges it by moving to the side, circling around the only chair in the room.

The surface—air around the room had dissolved into lightness of friendship and togetherness. All delightful and captivating. They'd long forgotten about the serious discussion they were having a few minutes ago. Siya forgot about the bitter truth of facing her parents on day. And Rohan had forgotten how he's supposed to behave on their small date.