2 - Penny Pinching

Started Typing On – 17/02/2019
Finished Typing On - 21/02/2018

Chapter 2- Penny Pinching

Author's Pov:

Zipping up her black jacket, to keep herself away from the cold weather, she walked over to the little tea stall close to the bus stop. Opening her purse zip, she shoved her right hand inside, feeling her wallet. Where is it? She thought, getting irritated already. Her hand touched a soft flat thing, that must be it. Taking it out with a satisfying smile she took it out thinking it's her wallet. What came out wasn't it. In her hand was her soft covered planner.

Huffing, Siya shoved it inside her purse. She looked inside the purse this time rather than putting her inside. Once spotting her red soft long wallet she took it out, just before she zipped her purse up for safety.

"Bhaiya, make one small glass tea for me. No sugar." (Brother) She took out her ten rupees, handing it over to the man making the teas for other people. It was her usual habit. All Siya needed in cold was tea. Hot, tasty tea, wrapped around her cold palms. She did save a lot of money. Eating outside was a waste in her opinion—maybe because she didn't have enough money to waste like others—that's one of the main reasons why she avoided drinking tea by her bus stop every time her bus was late.

But it's cold. I won't spend any money on tea for the next ten days! Promise Bappa. (Bappa is an Indian God) She promised herself, eyeing the tea.

"Lo." (Here/Take) said the man before passing her the tea. "Why don't you walk home? The bus might be half an hour late because of the weather." He suggested, looking at the busy road with lightening shining above the sky.

"I live far Bhaiya." She muttered, her voice coming out shivery. Taking another sip of the hot tea she added, "Rohini road, I live there." The man seemed confused, so she continued, "Rohini sector 1--" she was rudely stopped by a male's deep angry voice on her ear.

"Are you crazy? You're telling a complete stranger your damn address! Look around you!" the male whisper yelled in her anger. The voice seemed familiar, but she hide her mouth under the cup, drinking her tea slowly as she gulped.

Keep your mouth shut Siya. She scolded herself. Raising her lashes she met a very familiar eyes. Those eyes showing the same emotions to her like they always did. Anger. But this time she noticed frustration as well. What's his problem?

"Rahul" she whispered, shocked written all over her face. Doesn't he own a bike? That black one? Gripping the glass closer to herself quickly added, "Sir" seeing his angry eyes glaring at her. His lips closed into a thin line, not happy with her. The intense glare reminded her of her father.

"Idiot." He muttered, putting his cup of tea on the bench once he gave the man a twenty note.

"Sir I don't have change."

"Keep it." Rahul mattered, glaring at Siya before he sat on his bike. Putting his helmet on, he zoomed away leaving Siya stunned.

"Oi." She said to the man before he could put the money inside his pocket. "Kyu keep it huh? I have change, give that ten rupees to me." (why) she held her hand out waiting to feel the crusty notes in her hand.

"It was that man, didi. Why should I give you?" (sister) he pressed.

"Because I know the value of money, whether it's even two rupees. Now hand it over, I know the man. Didn't you see him growl—talking to me?" Don't give him the full information Siya! She sternly glared at the man until he handed her over the twenty note. "Good boy. Now take this." Siya handed him the ten rupees note from her wallet.