40- Revealing The Truth

Started Typing On – 05/08/2019

Chapter 40- Revealing The Truth

Author's Pov:

The shock eliminates his any other remaining expressions which probably were lingering there a while ago. If the neighbour was bothering him before, now Rohan had another thing to worry about. He went deep down the lane—his eyes focusing on the concrete as if remembering everything related to Siya—taking in her confession and suddenly it all made sense.

Her living alone. Renting a house in such a poor area—there were many better options in the area she lived but couldn't afford it—all by herself. Thinking about it, it shone in Rohan's heading, recalling she's always dodged the parent's topic.

She lives alone. All alone. As the respect for her in his eyes raises—because of her strength of feeding herself in another city all by herself—he finds her face turning sour in disappointment. Her body trembles as if controlling herself. "For seven months you've been alone? A-alone?"

The silence expands between the two, sucking in the air out of both of the bodies. As one sits glancing at the other, the other finds it hard to maintain her calm posture.

"It's getting la—" She tried to reason out, lifting her body up to stand up and leave but Rohan holds onto her small thin wrist. She gulps down the lump, her saliva felt so raw, fresh and bitter, almost betraying her own-self as a punishment.

"Siya." He lets out an exasperated growl at her poor attempt. He pulls onto her wrist, lightly but firmly, pulling her back onto her spot. She stumbles on but manages to hold her grip before falling into Rohan's chest. "Tell me. I will listen. I swear I won't judge. I won't."

How could she? It won't decrease her problems. It'll only gain a pity and sympathy from someone she considered as a friend, a well-wisher and perhaps someone she was attracted to. We often want to look perfect in front of people we like, how could she let it out?

Her throat was raw and her eyes were gritty. "You did judge me before. Rings a bell?" Despite the sadness enveloping her, her voice comes out hard.

He winces at the memory. But I accepted it. Not everyone had the courage to accept it and he did. He admitted to everything he ever thought of her, wasn't it enough? "I know. And I am sorry." He forces himself to look at her face, showing her how desperate he is for truth.

If she doesn't tell him, he can't do anything rather than brining the topic up every opportunity he gets. If she tells him, he'll either pity her for everything she's been through or create it into a pathetic joke among the crew.

At this stage she didn't have a friend anyways, losing another acquaintance seemed extremely stupid. Either way it didn't create a major difference to her current situation. She's already lost her two friends. What could be worst? "My parent's had fixed my wedding with a guy I knew since childhood. I was against it but as you know, across India and maybe other countries, the father's order is like an ink in a blank paper that signs away you're faith. Obviously my object wouldn't have made a difference. A girl is meant to grow up, learn the household chores, get married, have children, and spend the rest of her life inside a house under the elders order and later on die."

She didn't sound like the nice, calm and sweet Siya at all. She gritted out each and every word, like she loathes it so much. Her angry tears steam down her red furious cheeks as she speak further on with pure anger. Her voice rising again and again, almost as if challenging the sky to burst at her.

"Oh, and—" Siya wipes away the tears from the back of her hand aggressively, whipping her head in Rohan's direction. He looked astonished. Taken back from the force of her words and a complete different Siya in front of her. "—some die young because cancers exist and so do other horrible, and pathetic, and stupid diseases in our world. They don't have the money, so guess what? You hug Yamraj as he pulls the life out of your body."