21- Maya Ki Maya

Imagine her face is blurry and she's wearing a scarf on her head.

Started Typing On – 10/06/2019

Chapter 21- Maya Ki Maya

Siya's Pov:

Bhatt is super rude, there's a limit and he crossed it. I didn't look as bad as he expressed. It's his habit, with me at least, to never be nice to me. The little confidence I had with my dress had been crushed by him once again. Now I will crush his god damn ego. Creating a fake Shaadi.com profile was just to get to know him, to find out if he's even nice in the inside or not but now I'll make him fall for my fake profile and I'll destroy him.

No. That's mean.

Ok, maybe not destroy him because I have no right but I want revenge for his rudeness. I'm a living human if that Giraffe has forgotten.

I chew onto my fingernail before going into the website. "Ok, I c-can do this. This is n-normal." I motivate myself but god, this isn't something you do every day! Clicking onto the website, laying on the bed on my stomach I gaze at the bright screen.

It asked if I was looking for a women or man, I laughed. Personally, I'm looking for a nice house and not a spouse but I press on man. Shaadi.com confirms one thing, Rahul isn't gay. Great. I was scrolling down when my eyes landed on a happy married couple. They—the man has written a message, thanking the website/app because he had found his wife through it.

"People are finding love through apps and I can't even make friends through work." I snort, rolling my eyes at my own fate for being so lonely.

So it was set, ignoring my own banter I used the name Maya Pancholi. I had to think so much about the name since it should come under our caste. His mum seemed cool but weird but perhaps she's looking for a daughter-in-law in her caste so just to be careful I've used that name.

Next problem was a photo. What the hell will I use? I go through my gallery, browsing all the way up to find some photo of a friend of mine. I mean, it's not like my friend would find out? Right? I don't imagine girls from the Village to be on this app anyways. Unfortunately I find none. I needed an attractive picture but not too attractive or it may look fake. This isn't some modelling contest.

I go through google, writing up 'girl profile picture' and it comes up with little girls. "Oh my god!" I huff. Never imagined creating a fake account could be this stressful and thoughtful. Then I type 'Indian women smiling' and oh god!

It comes up with aunty pictures. Half of them didn't go along with the profile picture and the other half looked too professional photos, that could really catch me red handed since Rahul is smart. So I go through my own photo gallery after an hour of googling to fetch for a face to go along with my fake ID.

There was a photo of mine. It was kinda of blurry but not too blurry so I take multiple screenshots of the same picture and delete the HD downloaded photo replaced by the fifth screenshot. I zoom into the photo from my phone to see exactly what I wanted. It was blurry before but now it as impossible to look at my face if you'd zoom in.

In the photo I was sitting with a maroon dark red-purplish coloured Lehenga, my face looking at the left side rather than the camera which made it better. And the lighting, oh how much I loved it! It was so sunny that day that my face was basically covered by the sunlight.

Technically I'm putting my face on Shaadi.com but with a different name. I zoom through the picture fifty times to make sure Bhatt could catch me or that'll be embarrassing. Oh, and I had a dupatta around my head, making it even impossible to make out my face.