27- Phone Call

Started Typing On – 05/07/2019

Chapter 27- Phone Call

Auhor's Pov:

They were all travelling in a van arranged by Yug and Harsh. Being friends from the start, Payal took the seat next to Mary leaving Siya a little grim expression in sadness. It was her who didn't want friends from the start so it shouldn't hurt but it did.

Maya hasn't replied. Varun still couldn't get the weird conversation out of his head. Who spoke to a stranger about having eleven children? If this was an ice breaker than Varun wanted to give Rohan's mother classes on how to 'behave' and talk to people without sounded desperate and strange.

Rohan stood behind Varun in line, ready to jump into the van. He stepped in after Varun to find Siya sitting in the back seat with a novel in her hand. Her friends, Mary and Payal were sitting in the front seats then why was she at the back?

Varun takes the window seat behind Mary, blowing out a little air in excitement. Instead of sitting next to his friend—as always—Rohan glances over his shoulder to see Shiv. If I sit next to Varun then he'd take the seat next to Siya. All the other seats were taken except the two, one next to Siya and the other next to Siya.

It didn't take him even a minute to choose her over his friends. I have to apologise again. With that thought Rohan walks to the end of the van, the other people watching him except Varun who's busy on his phone and the two and perhaps only friends of Siya were distracted by something on their phones.

"Hi." Unlike other days, the commanding measured voice was a low whisper today. Either ashamed of himself or worried to disturb her. He sinks down into his chair and exhales watching Shiv taking the seat next to Varun.

Oh God. Physically Rohan's hand ached to cover his face because he knew in a second Varun would flip his head in his direction and glare at him. Varun hates Shiv. And Bhatt's one step landed poor Varun in a state that he wasn't excited anymore.

You bastard. Varun glares with a grim look covering his face once he'd turned over his shoulder to look at Rohan. Dost, dost na raha. (Friend isn't a friend anymore.)

Rolling his eyes at his dramatic friend he looked to see Siya trying to focus in her book. Her lips were tight shut—not when you're quiet—but the kind when your teeth are clenched, pulling your skin tightly together giving away an angry jaw. Her eyebrows thinned, her fingers clutching onto the book firmly making her knuckles go white.

"I'm so—" Rohan was cut off by her novel being shut and dropped into her purse sitting on the floor. Taking her phone out from the open purse, pulling her earphones out she plugged them on, and roared her loud music through the buds.

A way to show her frustration.

She was no home breaker. The accusation was fresh as ever in her head.

"Right. You're angry." He whispered to himself. Spreading his legs he tried to adjust himself onto the seat without disturbing her. During the long drive he kept himself busy on his phone, watching comedy videos to keep himself entertain. It was around an hour later into the ride when he stretched his arms and glanced around the whole quiet van to find everyone sleeping. They had woken up early.

Looking to his left he found Siya's head resting on the window as a pillow. Every minute the van drove in bumps her head would jerk away but she remained asleep. Idiot. There wasn't anything he could do. No pillows, no blankets.

He leaned a little closer to try and analyse the situation. To find a way to help her but his eyes peaked into her purse to see a brown stole laying just under her wallet. Drifting his fingers into her purse, he lifted the soft piece from the bag and opened it all up for her. It was nearly as long as her, merely few inch shorter.