60 - Ravi's House

Happy late New Year everyone!

Started Typing On - 29/12/2019
Chapter 60 - Ravi's House

The knock wasn't loud-loud in terms of startling someone in their dreams. No. It was a peaceful small hushed knock, enough to gather attention towards the door.

She fidgets with her shawl, twirling the ends in her finger. It seems to be her new obsession during awkward times. Just like now, with an unanswered door right before her eyes.

Typed Again On – 31/12/2019

It was stormy dark outside. Clusters of grey clouds coating the hidden pitch black sky, however, it was noticeable when paid attention. Siya did. That's what she's been doing for the past few seconds, which, even so, felt like minutes times by hours.

Why isn't he answering the door? She doesn't recall Ravi ever mentioning he's deep early sleeper. Not once. Her eyes analyse the crack at the bottom of the door. No light shone from it. The flat was all dark and sound, as if nobody lived there.

"Maybe he's out," she says to herself, barely audible to her own ears. Spinning around from the unanswered door, Siya lets go of the hem of her shawl, eyes casting down.

"Hello," she hears this just when she's about to step inside her lightless apartment. Looking over her shoulder she sees exactly who she wanted to. She repeats the greeting and fully turns to face him. "You were knocking on my door?"

The tone was polite and familiar to her hearing but something about his sentence had her raise an eyebrow in suspicion. "Uh, yes." She says with a lack of composure. "Actually—I'm guessing you've forgotten to return my cup."

Pursed lips part, eyes scrunch up pressuring his brain to remember, and head slightly tilted back. "I don't think I—" he sees Siya's opening her mouth to urge so he quickly states, "—Oh yes, remember. Of course. Would you like to come in an—and, collect it yourself?" An unrecognizable glint washes through his eyes before she could point a finger to it.

"Yes, sure." In a cringe-full way Siya gestures him to lead the way, which, of course, he instinctively did. Inserting the key he twists it around and opens the door wide for her to enter. One step inside his house and it's blooming in light. It takes her a good few seconds to cope with it.

"I was out." He says, breaking the silence.

"Shopping?" She asks. Eyes on his empty hands. He turns and shakes his head, a lopsided smile hanging onto his lips delightfully.

"Just—out." He hunts for the word. Once it fills in he offers her a seat on the couch and rushes inside the kitchen, returning with coke. "It's diet coke, don't worry." He jokes seeing the look on her face.

"Oh—oh, god. No." Siya shakes her head, mortified and covered with red cheeks. Her reaction to the drink must have given him the wrong idea. "I-I—it's not that. No dieting—" she says it with a wince.

Ravi watches her with wistful eyes. Lost. And not hopping to be found. His heartbeat was growing louder and impatient, enduring all the uneasiness he felt being controlled around this women.

Young women.

"Sorry. My bad. I mean, not that you need to diet—"

This was starting to turn into a very uncomfortable and sensitive conversation. Therefore, she interrupts him. "No, I mean, I don't drink." It was fine until she sees his expressions and fumbles, "So-sorry, came out—weirdly. Drink as in fizzy drink."