58- Tomorrow

Started Typing On – 25/12/2019

Chapter 58- Tomorrow

"So, I'm guessing Rohan deleted his profile?" Payal was talking about the Matrimony site. Siya's chewing on her sandwich stops and her tongue wonders around her inner cheek.

Umm? "I guess, so?" She laughs embarrassedly avoiding looking at her two friends.

Mary gives Payal a serious look before leaning back in her chair outside a little café where they'd come for break. "The profile should be deleted by no—wait!" She aggressively leans forwards, nearly touching Siya's forehead with her own. Her eyes looking massive up close and personal to Siya. "Why the hell does he have the profile hanging there anyways? Explain, please?" She demands.

Siya lets go of her sandwich. Her appetite suddenly lost. She shifts in her chair uneasily, super self-conscious with all the attention on her right now. "Umm, maybe, be-because he wanted to get married?" She says it more as a question.

"Wanted?" Payal squeals madly. "Not anymore?"

Mary ignores her, clutching onto Siya's hand to bring her attention on herself. "Payal, shut up for once, will you?" Despite her inner-self growling to get more confidential information about Rohan—the arrogant and boring and stern—and Siya's relationship she shuts up by the look Mary gave her.

"But you guys are engaged." Mary recalls. Now confusing everyone including herself. It didn't add up. Varun admitted Rohan and Siya were engaged during the Pune trip then why'd he have a matrimony site? "For months. Then why's he looking for a bride in some website or app? What's going on, Siya?" Her best friend's voice covered with worry and disturbed with the new news.

Payal opens her mouth and shouts again, pissed at herself for not pointing at the oddness of Rohan before Mary did. "How come I didn't remember this!? Varun said you guys have been engaged for so long then, as Mary said—" she throws a creditful look at Mary. "—why's he on there? Is he—" she looks around before leaning into her friends over the table and whispers, "—cheating on you?"

Siya holds her head in her hand, gripping it—no, crushing it to stop herself from troubling her brain more. She's already curious about Ravi more than flat number sixteen's tenant and now her friends are giving her unrecognizable details about her relationship.

"He doesn't look like the guy to cheat. Paper or work or personal life, Rohan doesn't give the cheater vibe." Mary says from the corner of her mouth, leaning back on her chair. Eyes staring at Siya.

"Varun is a goddamn liar. God! He should just rot in he—"

Payal cuts Siya off. "That's really rude and harsh, don't you think?" Immediately disturbed with her friends wish.

"Why? He deserves it. If he was in front of me I'd chop him into the tiniest pieces ever and feed him to dogs and cats and fish and everything!" Siya cries, no patience left. Her eyes ready to close.

Mary was worried before but now she was confirmed Siya wasn't being herself lately, especially today. "He's a jerk but god, calm down. What's gotten inside your head?"

Siya's eyes were bloodshot from the lack of sleep and enormous stress increasing every day. "Nothing," she looks away, fetching for her purse. "I just know that Varun's lying. I'm not engaged to anyone, and for a matter of fact, Rohan and I only just started dating. Like nearly two weeks, not months. About his profile, I've got no clue." She says it all with her eyes on her purse, as she stuffs her phone inside it and zips the bag.

"Where are you going?" Mary asks since Payal was all quiet and shocked taking in Varun's lies.

"Hell."