Chapter 55

When I woke up, I didn't move. I didn't want to do that nor open my eyes. But I felt the need to look around anyway. I felt weird. Back to square one. Or two. I wish I had more will power to prevent last night. I didn't even feel sick about the gruesome acts she carried out through my... human vessel. Because this doesn't feel like my body anymore.

My senses kicked in and what was the first thing I smelled? Blood of course. As much as I'd like to stay here and wallow in pity, I wanted to rid myself of this sticky substance that once belonged to someone else.

Slowly sitting up, I became aware once again of the changes of last light. Conveniently, I was right in front of the full-length mirror in this closet. I huffed at the fact that I wasn't even clothed as my eyes trailed down my back. My back wasn't even as red as I thought it would've been. I could already see the addition in my peripheral but I didn't want to acknowledge it so I grabbed the nearest long robe and scampered out the closet and into the bathroom.

I immediately stripped and got under the shower. I just stood there with my eyes closed, trying my best to ignore the moving behind me that would occasionally brush either of my legs.
I put my hands through my hair before stooping down. Then I flat out just sat on the ground. I brought my legs up to my chest and found myself breathing heavily. I didn't stop the tears from spilling again. I'm too tired of suppressing sadness. I sobbed quietly and put my head on my knees, slightly rocking myself. I know it's not a good time to bathe with cold water, given the freezing weather but I could care less if I ended up with hypothermia. It just adds to the list of things-

"Z? You in there?" Storm is still here??? HOW???

"Yeah, just showering off." I tried to sound casual but it's not hard to miss that slight croak in my voice.

"That's a relief. We couldn't find you last night." her voice lowered a bit. "Are you alright? You sound like you're crying."

"Yeah, I just feel overwhelmed."

Please stop asking me stuff before I spill info and she wakes up.

"Oh, well. We're having brunch right now. I'll set out a plate-"

"I can't eat." I clasped my hand over my mouth immediately.

"Daya, did something happen?"

I stood up and slowly turned off the showerhead.

"I'm... nauseous. Since yesterday."

"Oh, then I'll brew some tea for that. I have just the right herb mixture. But just so that I haven't read anything wrong, I'm gonna ask." oh fuck. "You.. didn't hurt anyone... right?"

I wrapped myself in my towel, contemplating everything. I was about to respond, but she beat me to it.

"You slipped, didn't you?" It was a mere whisper. I should've felt guilt.

I carefully walked to the door, putting my back on it.

"She made me... She always makes me." I muttered in a tone that sounds like sorrow. But also desire?

I felt the slight fear that radiated off her as she stepped away from the door. She's probably not gonna talk to me for a while. I don't blame her either. I wouldn't talk to me.

Keeping my eyes trailed on the floor, I walked towards the sink and mirror.

All I saw was a being that lacked emotion to an extent when I looked in the mirror. Sure, I didn't look like I'm wasting away due to last night, but in a few days, I'm sure I will. Simply put, that woman of a demon will materialize sometime soon and I'll... I won't be physically capable of being here. That much I know. I always thought she'd use my body once she can get my spirit out of this vessel, but I guess not.