Chapter 43

I groggily made my way up the stairs of the jet that awaited us. I felt like shit. As in fucking cow shit or something. I didn't mind going to wherever it was that we were going. I just really hated that I wasn't wise enough to fuel up last night. Now here I am, suffering for the next 12 hours.

"C'mon, let's get you to the back." Bella gently took my hand into hers and guided me up the steps.

"Z! Ya ready for an adventure of a lifetime!?... Why do you look like you're gon-"

"Why d-"Bella clasped her hand over my mouth before foul words could escape.

"She is just really fatigued. She'll be fine in several hours." Bella smiled then led me away quickly. "My g-"

"If you say that word..." I trailed off and sat on the sofa at the back.

"I wasn't gonna say what you thought. Just rest. We'll be there in four hours. Please don't try to kill anyone." She advised as quietly possible.

I snickered. I can't promise that just hope that I stay asleep til landing.
She sighed in defeat and walked out, into the main area. Now it was one challenge atop another. How the fuck would I be able to sleep? Whatever, I'll figure it out in some hours.

No. Fucking. Break.

Every minute, one of twelve would be checking up on me. To which I just waved them all off. I wanted to flip each of them off but I wouldn't hear the last of them.

I almost rejoiced when the pilot announced we'll be landing in 10 minutes. Someone had entered the area I was in though. I huffed and stayed balled up in the corner of the sofa I was on.

"I heard the announcement you know."

"I know, isn't it exciting??! We're finally in Portugal, and Bella's doing her shoot here!"

"Yeah, I just can't wait to go out and eat tonight." I faked enthusiasm. I wasn't lying. Just that she wouldn't know.

"Speaking of that, do want some cheese-"

"Can't, on a diet." I slightly shook my feet to distract myself as I further buried my face into the soft material of the couch.

"Oh, ok. Get ready to land,"

I nodded and ran a hand through my hair when I heard her leave. Only to feel a clump of my hair come out in my hand. Great. Just fucking great. I'm fragile.

💎💎💎💎

They were showing us around the resort we were staying in, and as much as I would like to express how LOVELY it looked, I don't think I could express emotions at all. I had to force a fake smile whenever someone asked me a question. Then they were trying to crack HORRIBLE jokes that I just shook my head at. When I registered it. Cause the next thing is, I've been blanking out at least twice a minute. I didn't hear anything the overjoyed guide had told us. I didn't realize we'd already arrived at one of our villas. I rushed into my bedroom -the last one- and sat down, feeling somewhat dizzy. At least I had some self-control. Unlike that last time. That was surely something.

"Hey," a knock, then someone entered. I didn't have the energy to keep the door shut. "ooh, did you get scared or something? It looks like your melanin jumped off the plane or something." she made fun of my current pale complexion.

"Haha. Very funny." I snuck a glance at myself on the phone screen then shut my eyes and slightly pinched my nose bridge. I needed her to leave me alone. "What is the local time?"

"It's actually 5:40 pm at the moment.. and you look exhausted. want me to go-"

"yes. I want three hours rest."