Chapter 48

I'm gonna add-in Bella's PoV for a while

Bella's PoV

"When are you going to get here!? She's just-" I felt for her pulse, there was barely anything if not at all. "there's barely her pulse. Pupils dilated. I'm scared, I"

"ok, Bella, you need to calm down. We're almost at the driveway."

I turned off my phone and opened the door as the car beeped outside. They rushed inside and Dani jumped at the sight. It wasn't a very shocking one but not expecting that your friend would do that is surprising enough.

"She's bleeding out;  Shawn hurry the FUCK UP!" Dani yelled and ran up the stairs to get a cloth.

"Shit," Shawn muttered and ran over to Zendaya's near lifeless body.
He surveyed her arms and then rolled her onto her back. "Gimme a quick answer, I'm about to do Heimlich, you said she took a lot of drugs right? Did she drink too?"

"YES! She did. Do you not see the bottle of Moonshine!?" I snapped. "I tried to get her to throw it up but her teeth are a bit sharp," I stressed.

He nodded and positioned her in a way she'd be sitting on her feet. Then he put his hand in her mouth, and down her throat. I muffled my cries as he managed to take out four of the pills that were still solid; Then he proceeded to take on Heimlich.

Dani came down and held me close to her. It felt like an eternity until I heard choking sounds then shortly after cars pulling up. Fuck. Shawn looked at the staircase then just disappeared upstairs.

"She'll be ok," Dani affirmed as we walked upstairs before Z's parents and close relatives came in.

We walked into the bathroom in the room Shawn and Zendaya were in. She was still choking, so Shawn opened her mouth up and put his hand down her throat again until fluid erupted from her mouth. She threw up into the toilet for the second time today. Her stomach heaved way too many times to count and her hair got in some of the mixtures of medicine, stomach acid and rum.

I was sobbing at this point. As if I wasn't processing what was happening already, my brain was connecting all kinds of stuff. She was really lucky to still be alive. But nothing will the same for her. I turned around to see her cousin behind me, awestruck. She looked around the room and I followed suit. It was thrashed. The mirror was broken. Clothes out of their place. The only thing that was neat was half of her room where her study area was. The bottle of antidepressants was tipped over and there were droplets of liquid along with letters neatly stacked. Deja went over and grabbed them. She skimmed one with her name over and choked out the long-awaited words.

"She had been planning this all the while. An overdose? Randomly drinking?" she rubbed her at her eye. "Fuck... She was possessed!?" She looked at me and then at the door.

There stood her mother. I didn't want to be the one to explain what happened.

I quickly walked over to the bathroom, hearing the toilet flush, to see Zendaya slumped on the cover. Very quiet groaning indicated that she was conscious, but she was a mess. Dani had just finished bandaging her arms and had turned on the pipe to prepare a warm bath for her.

Shawn looked at me and sadly smiled and nodded. He walked over and I engulfed him in the biggest hug that I could manage.

"Deja, Mrs Coleman, I know you have questions... But to put it briefly. She overdosed, bled a lot and drank. So you come to the conclusion that indicates... But I need to clean up the bathroom and her; when she's all done you can see her. I know I sound like a nurse and look like I don't but you have to trust me. I've dealt with this before. And she's gonna be fine." Dani smiled a bit and closed the bathroom door.