Chapter 37

So.
Bella's dad is officially old news. I gotta say, Dani, Shawn and I did a great job at making his last moments unbearable. I smiled as I remembered his expression in the grand finale. The expression left on the mutilated body would send a never-ending series of chills up the spine of whoever discovers it. He saw it coming though. I tried to warn him sooo many times. But he wanted to be ignorant. None of us has any sign of remorse for what happened. Maybe he did after all. But you know men that host such great egos as he, now he'll never see daylight again.
And no. I didn't feast on him. He's too old for my liking. And I don't like him.

I arrived home at 3:40 am and slowly trudged up the stairs of the sleeping household. I had a feeling that not everyone was asleep. The light in the main bathroom was on and the pipe was running. I tried to think of who would be taking a shower at this hour, but I didn't come up with a single person. Well. A single 'normal person'.
I tried the knob and as I opened the door, the pipe shut off. The young Latina sat on the toilet cover gripping her hand tightly. And was muttering.

'Maybe if I hold it long enough it will eventually close up.' She removed her hand and blood immediately started to trickle down.

"No. no no, no-no-no. Don't bleed. Please stop! I'm so fucking stupid, what did I do-"

She raised her head and gasped when she finally realized I was in the same room as her.

"I-I didn't relapse. I was practising and it opened. The fucking scar opened!"

I closed the bathroom door and knelt infront of her, scanning her arm. That scar really needed stitches to close back up when it was first created.

"Breathe. In, and out. Deeply." I guided and she followed. "Imagine it healing up without a scar." I watched intently as she seemed to concentrate hard. Just when it began to close she leaned a bit to the side. "Hey, what's going on?"

"My heart's gotten a bit stronger but this is too much." She seemed on the verge of tears and all.

I gestured to the half-healed wound and her eyes widened. She took another deep breath and closed her eyes. The main cut and a few other ones —that weren't as severe as the main one was— healed completely. The skin looked like it hadn't been damaged at all.
She groggily looked at me then her arm and marvelled at it.

"Good job. Now go to sleep-"

"I can't. I get nightmares... I'm just gonna watch videos until it's time to get ready." She slowly got up after I did but held the wall.

Without having to ask. I guided her down the steps and sat her on the couch. She wrapped her arms around her stomach, almost in a protective manner. I quirked an eyebrow but she just quickly reached out to pat my stomach in response.
You don't have to keep it if you don't need to. I walked into my room and prepared to fall asleep. But soon, I realized that I would be up for the next 24 hours.

Now it's 6:30 am. I'm downstairs helping my parents with breakfast. The girls got ready to head to Miami. Lauren was definitely excited to be in her home state. Camila? I dunno. All of them were preparing themselves mentally to face the media and lots of rehearsals. They'd only get a couple of days of rest then it was back on the road for tours. And I'd be going back to therapy sessions and lots of training and interviews. Whoopee.

Half an hour later everyone sat around the table ready to refuel before going. It was full of chatter and so lively that I forgot to check on my redhead. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and sighed when I figured she was still sleeping but was gonna wake up soon. I reopened them and caught a glimpse of Normani observing Camila's arm. She was probably confused about how it was so flawless but didn't ask questions. I just smirked and ate tiny pieces of my pancake. Trying to look as unbothered as I possibly could.

"Travel safely! It was a pleasure hosting you all!" mom exclaimed.