Chapter 26

"So. You wanna kill your best friend's mom and stepfather because they aren't being fair to her? I know we're basically half-demons, but you sure about that? I mean, that's gonna have a toll on your best friend."

I sighed and leaned against a nearby tree in his yard.

"We can at least torture them! I mean, Bella's been through a lot of shit. Those babies were caused by her stepfather. And her mom is as blind as a mole to what has happened to Bella. I can convince my.." I shuddered a bit, "parents- to take Bella in especially for the time being. My mom should know how to raise Bella's children with Bella. She did a surprisingly well job with me... I mean until now that I'm sharing my body with an entity."

"Ha, yeah. I get you. Ugh. I have to think this through, but here's an idea so far; from when you mentioned the least that could be done. We are not going to kill anyone's parents. At least not the mom, or not yet in general." -I huffed in disgust before he continued. "But it's gonna be weeks from now. We'll take them to a secluded area and keep them in torture chambers until the stepfather tells the truth about what he did to Bella."

"Hmm, sounds less fun... but that can do the trick too."

"Why can't you just confront them? It'd be a lot less blood and pain. I'm trying to get you away from those remember?" He suggested

"Look, the "man" does not understand words. I know that just by looking at the perverted asshole. And the mom is too head over heels, so she needs to get a dose of the medicine too. So I have to call action before I can sit down to sign a peace treaty with Britain or Guatemala like everything is so fine and dandy!"

"Fine, it's your call. I need time to think through exactly what's gonna happen and for how long. I'll call you if I need help. In the meanwhile, wouldn't you like to see your beloved Bella?" He smirked.

I narrowed my eyes at him, ignoring that tingly feeling.

"She's not going out with me. She's into someone else... that doesn't even know of her situation." I leaned off the tree before deciding I'll just be going home. "I'll just go home, and up to my room. Hopefully, they don't annoy me."

He nodded in response as we exchanged greetings and went our separate ways.

Honestly, when I arrived back home this afternoon, I didn't expect my parents(and cousins) to be there. I huffed before I jogged up the stairs to my room. I won't be taking a confrontation in front of more than 2 persons.
I locked the door and flopped on to my bed..or at least I thought I locked the door.
A knock sounded at the door and I did a silent growl before asking: "who is it." In a harsh tone.

The individual took that as a pass to come in. It was Deja. Oh, I'm sorry I used that tone...

"Wooow, I thought you wouldn't be cold on your favorite cousin. Hm. What's going on? How was your day?" She nudged my elbow with hers.

I slightly narrowed my eyes at her before answering.

"Amazing. Never had a better day in my life." And heavy sarcasm laced my voice.

"...hm. If attitude could kill. It's not even 12 yet, what could possibly be awful?"

I sat up

"Didn't they say it when y'all were talking?" I mumbled looking at the bedsheets.

"No-"

"They sent me to a therapist." I grinned to myself, "and I'm glad she might not want me to do another session with my 'psycho' ass. Then I visited Bella..."

"Oh, your best friend right?"

"Yeah. She just had her twins." I whispered.

"What the!? Who f#cked her?!"

"Her stepfather always abused her, this time he molested her," I growled. Remembering how she looked when I went to her house made me angry. I wanna hurt that man so bad. "And her mom is being an absolute ass, I mean. How would you like if, sadly, you had your (stepfather's) babies but you can't even bond with them." I pinched my nose thinking about the stupidity in that.

"I Am- bruh. Why is her mom not doing anything?! the whole thing sounds whack! Why isn't he in jail already??!"

"The mom doesn't wanna believe her daughter because she's blinded with his money."

Her mouth formed an 'O' and she smacked her forehead, shaking it. I shrugged and made my way over to the closet. The door opened and in came my mom.

"Whatcha girls doing up here? Everything's alright?" I can hear the smile.

"Yeah, we're just talking."

Mom looked around the room until she saw where I stood, behind the closet door.

"How was your session?"

"Why don't you ask ms. Song?" I mumbled.

"I couldn't hear you-"

"I SAID why don't you ask Ms. Song." I reiterated with gritted teeth.

"Deja, your parents will be over in a few minutes. Zendaya, you need to be down here in 15 minutes; we're gonna have lunch together."

"I know," I mumbled and walked further into the large closet to change my clothes.

I waited with a new change of clothes on, til I heard my mom exit the room. I stepped out of the closet and sat beside Deja on my bed.

"Why'd you answer her like that?"

"If I could only tell you the shit she's caused to my life, I'd let you know. She deserves it. I didn't ask to be like this." I muttered the ending.

"Girls! You gotta come down now!"  A voice I could only recognize as my 'father's' yelled from the foot of the staircase.

I rolled my eyes as Deja motioned for us to go. It was gonna Be a family dinner and get together, alright. A few other cousins and relatives were here. They were also present when I woke up from my "sleep" for so many days. I ignored them all and just sat on the sofa. Deja or Dominique (sorry I forgot how her name is spelled) would talk to me occasionally until it was lunchtime.
I can't tell you the last time I had an actual lunch. As you know, my diet is off big time. I sat at my usual spot and poked at the food occasionally, tuning out their conversation; but.. someone asked:

"Why aren't you eating? Aren't you a vegan? Your plate doesn't have much meat."

I gritted my teeth and temporarily closed my eyes.

Me: "I'm a vegetarian. And I'm not hungry." I partially lied.

"That's a bit looney. Y'know what I mean? You're always hungry."

Boy, if you don't shut the fuck up, I will gut you like a fucking fish and rip you apart, limb by limb-

Ding dong

I dropped my utensils onto the ceramic table and stood up, smiling fake. I made my way towards the door, silently thanking whoever or whatever for the intervention. Because it would've taken me a whole lot more self-control to not act on the thoughts in my head.

I opened the door and my fake smile dropped.
He and I weren't supposed to talk anymore.

"Hi, Daya... um. We need to talk."

Last time we had a Major fall out;
So, WTF  is Trevor doing here?

Word count: 1243
I didn't really recheck for errors.