Chapter 4

A few weeks passed and my arm was already fully healed. Never again would I want some part of me to break. Not only was it painful, but having to do things with one arm was not a skill I possessed.

Deja and Dom were staying at our place for the weekend. Whenever they're around, it's laughter and a whole lot of fun.

This evening out was like they begged me to go shopping with them, but I still refused to go. I just wasn't really up for it. So I just stayed home. Everyone else went somewhere but me, but that's OK. Just, really OK.

Or not.

Boredom set in and I decided I'd just read a book. I pulled out my iPad and opened my kindle app and started to read a few books.
That lasted an hour until I decided I wanted to listen to music.
Within 30 minutes of that, the music started to play slower and calmer, so I took a nap.

45 minutes later

I woke up to the sound of things shattering on the floor downstairs. Though I was tired I had the urge to check what the matter was. I put on a pair of slippers then slowly and as quietly as possible, I made my way downstairs.

Upon reaching the end of the staircase, I paused. I saw the silhouette of a person. I couldn't make out the shape of the person, however; because whoever it was, was wearing really loose black clothing. Rummaging through our fridge and cabinets and the rest of the house was trashed. Why didn't I bring a weapon with me...

Suddenly it turned its head in my direction and I hid against the wall and I slowly made my way into my room and LOCKED the door behind me. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed 911 with trembling fingers and as the person picked up and asked questions, I answered in a shaky voice; fearing that whoever was in this house was hearing. But I knew I was digging a deeper hole for myself.
With the way I was sitting, I had my back facing the door. After I Called the police called my mom and as I called Bella and she picked up. I heard a loud thud and knocking at the door. I ran and hid in my closet.

Knock........ Knock........ Knock........

My grandma told me that it's a spirit knocking at the door and you should never open it.

I just realized that Bella was still on the other line.

"Hello!? Z! Answer me it's freaking me out." She sounded so close to yelling.

"Shhh, Bella! Could you keep your voice down!!? There's something in the house"

Bang!

And it just made its way into my room.

"There's something in the house. And it's in my room. I- I don't know what to do!" I told her in a whispering shaky voice, at this moment I was crying. I think anyone would. Knowing something is in your house that isn't invited.

"OK, stay calm Daya. Don't make any sort of noise. Where are you hiding." She asked in almost the same tone.

"In my closet.." I hope I wasn't crying too hard.

Through the openings in my closet, I see the figure going through my room.

I put Bella on speaker to hear the noise it was making then took off the speaker.

I knew she was shaking.

"Oh my- I'm coming! I'll be there ASAP-" she said to me

"I appreciate you doing that but just call for help. I don't want you to get hurt" I replied

"No, Z! I'll help-"

Then the line went dead.

I sank down to sit and watched through the opening as the creature approached the closet and I closed my eyes, already repenting if this is my last breath.

Then the door swang open and a force pulled me out of the closet and threw me onto the hardwood floor where I hit my head with a force. I put my hand there and saw blood. It approached me and hoisted me up against the wall by my shirt. It put its chemical-smelling hand on my mouth, muffling my scream. It seemed like it's aim was to get me unconscious and I tried very hard not to give in. But that smell and not being able to breathe with a tight grip around my neck made it impossible. My vision became dotted and blurry.

It chuckled angrily as it saw that I was begging to pass out.

"You're mine now!" It spoke in its angry growling

Then it cast its own spirit out in a green vapour form and it disappeared into my stomach. The body lied beside me lifeless and as my vision started to fade, the police rushed in, and behind them came my parents, cousins...

Editing is soooo time-consuming. Deleting aallll irrelevant a/n's