Chapter 35

The backstage coordinator and designers rushed us out of our dressing rooms and to the side where we were going to emerge on the stage from.

I didn't feel nervous or anything. I've been practising my walk and fake smile for the past few days. The people will be witnessing 'old and smiley' Zendaya. I had to chuckle at the fact that I'm honestly not like that anymore. It's funny how quick people can change under circumstances, in my case, for the 'worst'.

I put my gaze back on the openings to the catwalk. Fifth Harmony had just done their round for their catwalk. So they can go to rest. As to my one-night stand, that's a story for another time.
I began to countdown until it was my turn to walk on the catwalk. And as if on cue, a millisecond after I said 'one' the coordinator ushered me out.

I put on a smile, hands on my hips and began to strut. The crowd went bonkers. I 'smiled' and laughed and posed for the pictures the media were taking. Of course. They just love a show. and needless to say, they were enjoying that 'energy!' I seemed to radiate. I'm telling ya, It's a good thing to be able to manipulate your own energy. I stayed at the centre for a few more seconds as instructed, then waved lightly and walked back down the catwalk, turning around once I reached the end, then headed to the back to take off my shoes.

"Oh my fuck, that was hell times a thousand!" I exclaimed and approached the resting area.

"Tell me about it! I'd like to ram these stilettos up the asses of people who endorsed this trend." Lauren nearly threw the shoe out the door.

The females in the room laughed as I just managed a smile. I sat on the couch next to Normani, who let out an exasperated sigh.

"What world is on your shoulders?" I tried to be concerned.

"ha. I don't know.. I'm just thinking about random stuff. Y'know like this industry. I thought I'd love it, but-" Normani got cut off by me.

"You regret it."

"It has more cons than pros. Especially with my race. Also, I agree with these heels being a pain in the ass; Christ." She confessed

My ears rang and I groaned as I gently rubbed my temples.

"Are you okay? You look pale." Ally looked at me with an exaggerated expression of worry

No. Of course not, I'm a demon. How would I ever be okay?
I sat up and nodded; leaning my head back, onto the chair.

I didn't even receive 30 minutes of rest.

"Guys! Let's assemble for the last round all together!"

I immediately sat up and stood up; ready to get this dumb shit over with.

---

"That was so fun, but I'm glad we're done!" Dinah celebrated.

I clearly heard the people cheer in the parking lot at the back. They were going to a party; all the people who modelled tonight. Well, except for me. I wouldn't be able to hold myself back any longer, so here I am, starting up the car.

I drove to the house, got changed, took off those annoying contact lenses and went out to hunt.

I strolled on the sidewalk, now passing a club. I spotted a guy by a dark corner and contemplated if I should go or not, then groaned to myself. I shouldn't do it. There are many people in the area. I'm already wearing a hoodie -the hoodie is off though- but I didn't want to be caught. I continued to walk, using the not-so-bright streetlights and new moon.
I was a few minutes away when a dark blue Maybach pulled up beside me. Perfect. They put themselves in the trap.