chapter 45

I think it's safe to affirm that she's really on the edge now.

I marched up the steps to our home, threw down the bags, and shut the door. I've had enough of hearing everyone's sad stories. about what happened to their dad in a fatal accident or who was experiencing depression and severe anxiety. All I could feel was rage. Every single fiber in my body felt like it was on fire. I brought my tightly clenched fists up to both sides of my head and hit it as the voices grew louder and louder. All were different languages, but it's not like I couldn't understand what they were speaking. On the contrary, I understood them all well.

I plopped down on the floor then roughly laid down, keeping my hands in the same stance as before. I kept losing consciousness. Breath control didn't help, clenched fists did not provide a distraction. I should have done the ritual while I still had the chance. and the place.
Now you- I, have to wait till the right time approached again. How did I fuck this ONE thing up?

My eyes landed on a metal object in the distance. It smiled at me mischievously as I mindlessly walked towards it.

I took it up in my hands and glided my fingers across its surface. Dull. A smile formed on my face as I raised it up to my forehead and the voices eased up a little. The longer I held it there though, the more the came back. Why don't I just do it? It's just a little scra-

"Bitch, what the FUCK are you doing?" Someone screamed and ran into the room, grabbing the screwdriver out of my hands.

My throat began to close up and I clumsily sat on the floor again. The person sat beside me, asking questions of concern before I could notice that my hands were trembling, I was wheezing and my vision was blurring a bit.

The next thing I did know, I was convulsing violently on the floor. I felt each time my head banged the concrete layered floor. I felt pain more than ever during these episodes. From the shock in my arms to the throbbing in my feet. What felt like an eternity was only a matter of minutes as I realized it was stopping. But not before feeling a vertebra pop out of place and then back in. I groaned then closed my eyes. I brought my hands up to my face and kept it covered. There was total silence around me; almost as quiet as the grave. Not that I don't mind. I really needed this temporary silence.

With my eyes closed, I felt my way onto the bed. I swatted away the hands of whoever tried to 'assist' me. I didn't open my eyes until I had my head under a pillow.

"This is not a circus, and I am surely not on exhibit, so please get out and leave me the fuck alone," I announced, loud and clear. When I couldn't feel their presence leaving the room, I slowly lifted my head and glared at whoever was in the middle, dead in the eyes. "I said. To get. the FUCK OUT!" I screeched and they jumped but tried to bravely walkout.

As the last person exited, I made the door shut and lock. I sat up and brought my knees up to meet my chin. The voices came back again. Very slowly and quiet at first. I began to shake my head, like that could shake them away- but I couldn't. At least it didn't work. If anything, it made me feel dizzy. I furrowed my brows when I realized that there were no weapons within plain sight. I got up and surveyed the room hastily. I went into the walk-in closet and there was nothing. The drawers of my bureau, nothing. Not even in the bathroom.

You would think that Bella had hidden them under the sink or toilet or something. Where is she anyways... I walked back out of the room and began to look for any object that can break. That could easily be anything, but I had no desire to waste energy today. I just wanted to have these demands cease. I walked over to my bureau and looked at myself in the mirror before it shattered into pieces.

A smile formed on my face as I picked up a piece. This should do for now.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"You need to stop being stubborn," Dani shook her head as she kept her eyes on the red traffic light.

"And you need to stop being so kind-hearted. Your witchcraft would develop more if you worked harder."

"OK, what does my witchcraft have to do with any of this, seriously?"

I growled as I kept my head on the window.

"Where are you taking me. you're not making me feel any easier with this surprise element you got going on." I actually didn't recognize the area we were currently entering and we were not happy.

"Don't worry Zendaya. gosh. You're getting out of hand." she mumbled the last part.

"Don't forget, I can kill you without even touching you. Don't test me. and don't call me that." I uttered.

"Then what the fuck am I supposed to call you? cause I got some names in mind that can make you go off tangent. Shit."

Consider it luck that I can't lay a hand on you.

A few more minutes of driving on a dirt path then back into mountainous areas and she parked. There was a nice house a distance ahead. I glared at her in distrust. what is she-

"I'm not going until you tell me what is up there." I turned to look through the window and towards the trees to scan it.

"She wanted it to be a surprise-" she covered her mouth and smacked her forehead. "oh well, get yo ass up. we're relaxing here today."

"I would like to believe that you intended to not hide that that reason is not complete in truth, and not that you suck ass lying." I scoffed and exited the vehicle.

"Same goes for you messing around with multiple people knowing damn well that you needed to treat my sister right." She snapped and marched away from me at a quick pace.

Those babies sure have made her moody.

I reached the entrance of the middle-sized house and was immediately greeted with the scent of strong incense burning. All around were small bundles of various plants. No doubt, as I walked past a particular plant, I began to feel woozy. I sped past it and into the kitchen, leaning on the nearby counter when I noticed someone. She looked so vibrant that I wouldn't have recognized her if her hair wasn't red.

"B, here is where you've been."

"mhmm. Portugal could have been great for relaxation, but there is no place like home."She replied with a hint of happiness glimmering from her hazel eyes.

I smiled, genuinely... or at least until my demon decided to push down that smile.

"So you're saying that you didn't want to spend time with me." I furrowed my brows.

"It was okay too. until you-"

"Until I what? hurt you? sexually assault you? you're my girlfriend. You're obliged to not-"

"Z, stop it-" she warned and moved her hand behind her back.

"Zendaya. Isn't. Fucking here. Not anymore." not for the most part.

she shook her head and whispered, 'I'm sorry, but you deserve this.'

Still focused on her, I failed to sense whoever was walking up behind me. I only registered I was getting water dunked on me. The same familiar scent from before. I dropped to my knees, now completely dizzy as the scent became stronger.

"What is that one??"

"Rosemary." A young female voice simply replied.

I tried looking around but all I could make out was rapidly blurring shapes and dark blotches covering my vision until it finally covered everything. Where I blacked out. Fuck.

word count: 1363

~Should I continue? Or should I do a follow up chapter? Eh. I'll decide later.~

Yeah i will just do a follow up chapter

and the reason she got knocked out by rosemary water is bc it's a basically a negative energy repellant/cleanser. there are so many plants for cleansing energy omg.