Chapter 53

She didn't tell them. And she didn't tell me she would. Maybe because she didn't see the dealer unconscious in my room. Just me somewhat injured.

I honestly don't know what I should have expected. Whatever I want, I get the opposite of. I think you're probably tired of hearing from me. I don't know what else to do. It's a battlefield in my head. I don't even know when I'm generally happy anymore. I just know that I don't know what I want anymore.

So we're gonna go on a walk through town. I'm not gonna take any drugs and I'm just gonna be humble and carefree. I used to do that as an early teen, so it shouldn't be so hard today. It's pre-Christmas shopping anyways.

I put on my long-sleeved cropped top then my skirt and a thin coat. It's been 2 weeks since that incident and the drugs so the scar is barely visible, Still, I had cut the front for bangs. Better safe than sorry.
I got my stuff together then headed to the nearest mall, where the rest of the gang and I would meet up.

They were waiting at the first kiosk when I got there. We all greeted each other and shared that Christmas joy that seemed to be circulating.

"Ok, everyone, settle down, we got like 48 hours till Christmas. We gotta hurry the fuck up." Dani exclaimed. "Also, this is Hunter, my friend."

I looked at the tall blonde she pointed to and smiled. Dani's got whole ass models as friends man. After the brief intro, we resumed our schedule.
We stopped in a few stores to get the smaller gifts then headed to the next destination. Probably the only one I'll be buying from— which is Tiffany and Co although Kay Jewellers was closer.

I walked alongside Bella as she glossed over all the rings and necklaces on display until one caught her eye. She (and I) smiled in admiration at the simple ring that was made of Rose gold but had a beautiful tiger's eye gem located in the middle. And to make it better, it had a choker like the necklace to match.

We continued to browse alongside each other before she eventually went to see what the others were aw-ing over.

I looked at the section we were at before to see if the employee was still there. Gladly he was. I walked up to him and he quirked a brow.

"Hi, Zendaya. How may I help you today."

"Oh yeah, I forgot people knew," I laughed after 2 seconds of astonishment. "May I get this please? I'll pick it up tomorrow." I kept my voice low and got out my debit card.

"Okay." He showed me the price and waited for approval to continue, then brought out a form.

I filled it out as quickly and carefully as I could then left him a tip and he went to secure my purchase. I smiled to myself as I imagined her happiness when she opens the gift in a few days. Then again, she could very well be expecting me to get it. Either way, I'm glad.

I walked to the entrance and waited on a chair near it until they were ready to go. I would glance where they were and then at my watch every now and then —cause who would have thought jewelry shopping would take more than 20 minutes— before leaning back.

"Hey, mind if I join?" I snapped my head in the direction of the voice.

There stood Hunter. I smiled and shook my head. She quietly sat down with a smile and joined me in observing the people observing the jewelry in the store. A couple of minutes passed before she began to be inquisitive.

"So, how are you liking the day?"

"It's great." A well enough distraction. "And yourself?"