Chapter 34

"Come on, ladies! 5 minutes break then we've got 2 more rounds to go of practice till lunch."

I already felt like I was having enough. I felt a level of fatigue, a first sign that I was gonna have to feast in a couple of days. You'd think that by now I'd be used it, but no. I learned to tolerate it, but the fact that I now have to feed more due to the thing inside my womb made it much more challenging.

I quickly paced towards the bathroom and leaned on the sink, keeping my head down a bit. Sure, I decided to wear my contacts today, but it's a habit to keep my head down. For safety measures. I evened out my breaths and tried focusing on the present moment.

The sound of another person entering brought me back to reality somewhat. I didn't wanna seem like I was sick so I rinsed my hands and went to take a seat in the resting room. Well, more like folded over my knees. I didn't desire to feel any of the movement and needed to conserve some energy.

   "Daya? How are you feeling?"

I hesitated slightly, before saying 'screw it' to myself.

"I'm- I just.. hate this feeling. I can't even sleep well." I sat up slightly.

"What are you talking about?"
Lauren chimed after Normani.

"Uh, someone, gimme your hand."

I held the first one, which was Ally's and pressed it against my lower abdomen. Her eyes only widened in astonishment.

"Wait... are you pregnant?" Dinah looked at me astonished.

I nodded and was engulfed in a hug by four of the five girls. Camila stood to the side, then walked over to the window with knitted eyebrows. I had to focus on not hearing what she was probably thinking about to 'appropriately' respond to the girls.

   "Okay girls, time to go rehearse again."

I audibly groaned then sighed. I motioned the girls to go ahead as I found some sort of will to get up.

"I didn't know a hermaphrodite could get pregnant." She quietly muttered and walked past me.

Gosh, she knows too much.

————

The practice finally concluded for the day, until tomorrow. Only then will it be the LAST time to practice, since the event is that night. And I will be soooo delighted. I don't like wearing heels for a long time. Just not my preference. I wouldn't even willingly wear it as an alternative to being burned at the stake

Okay, so, we're heading to the grocery store for the girls to get some snacks they said they wanted. I pulled into the parking lot of the second grocery store we saw and watched as Lauren, Dinah, Ally, and Normani filed out. Of course, leaving me with Camila once again.
When I looked at her she was just staring at her phone, she looked captivated by it as she continued to scroll. She seemed slightly disappointed.

"Ay." She looked up hesitantly. "What're you looking at? You look upset."

"I'm not upset, I was just texting one of my relatives but she wasn't understanding my point of view." She muttered and shut off her phone.

I quirked a brow. She's a compulsive liar too? Cause I saw the word 'thinspo' when I focused my eyes on the screen. That was not a relative.

"Ana isn't a relative." I voiced before seeing the girls re-approaching this vehicle, not giving her a chance to lie again.

When they all got settled in I waited until they buckled up, then went back on the road to my house. All the while, I could feel a pair of eyes burning holes in the back of my neck, but I didn't give a shit about that. My goal was to just arrive home and get a bit of rest.