Chapter 57 (last official chapter)

"It's been twelve hours-"

"Bella, she's going to make it, stop stressing."

"- and she's woken up and passed out FOUR TIMES in the twelve hours!"

"Bella-"

"Do you REALLY think she's gonna get better? 'Cause, it doesn't look like it. Not even in the slightest."

"Calm down-"

"No! Don't tell me to calm down, she's gonna die and it's driving me nuts! You guys need to help her!-"

"I- we can't just go throwing off the balance-"

"Of naTuRE of course! but when your cat died you didn't skip a beat in doing necromancy, didn't you?"

"That was a different case... and I'm paying back for it! and stop! You're throwing all kinds of energy about this room!"

"I have a reason! My girlfriend is fucking DYING. Her body keeps shutting down and eventually, she won't EVER wake up again!"

"Bella, We're really working on it. I swear. But you need to calm down, it will affect your pregnancy if you stress too much and too long."

I slowly opened my eyes at the commotion and kept on looking since they haven't noticed I'd woken up.

"You- wow. Just WOW." She put her hands on her hips. "You're fucking unbelievable." She stormed out of the room.

Dani followed a few seconds after and left someone -Shawn- Instructions at the room door.

I rubbed my head at the oncoming headache. That and the stomach ache gave me enough reasons to will myself back to sleep. Shawn though, decided that he wanted to keep me up longer.

He carefully approached the bed and sat in front of it. He kept his eyes on me for a while. They looked like pitiful ones and I would've retaliated... but with what just happened. I can't. I just can't. I didn't hold back any tears. My sniffles echoed the bedroom and I could just feel his mood change. I've never seen him sad before. Disappointed, but not sad.

He proceeded to talk to me. With genuine care and comfort. And I'll just say, he really never fails to surprise me. He even inched closer to be able to stroke my cheek. It felt calming and while he stroked it I felt no headache. I would've liked it if he left his hand there. I would've been asleep in no time.

I must have only smiled for a hot second. When he moved his hand away the pain came back.

I clamped my jaw shut to try to endure it but it just didn't want to slow down. Tammuz or whatever her name is, is doing this from a distance. I just know.

"I can help, y'know-"

"No, I don't- I don't deserve it." I meant I don't need it.

My eyes though spoke another thing.

I wanted to plead for mercy or something to relieve me of at least twenty-five percent of the pain I have.

"Get up and go in the kitchen." FUCK she's back in my head.

I knew what she wanted me to do already. I wanted to do it. Just not on her terms.

"My way is quicker, Yours is being a coward. Which way will you have it?" My eyes scanned the room like I would find an answer somewhere in here. "Took too long, let's go or your pain will be fourfold."

"What's going on Zen?"

He watched in confusion as I got off the bed with ease. She lowered the pain by a significant amount just for this.