Chapter 20

I tapped my foot impatiently while waiting outside the hospital room. I've been here for 5 hours and still, no status of her. I wish none of this ever happened.

Yes, I was aware of the whole possession stuff. The thing is, I can't control it when it takes over. I NEVER take advantage of it. I hate it as a matter of fact. It changes the way people see me. Inside and out; via appearance, and personality-wise. All that's happened so far isn't even the worst it can do. As a matter of fact, it's the very least.

The doctor came out and nodded for me to go in. As I entered I sighed in relief. Her heartbeat was at its regular pace and she looked okay. As I got near her I noticed that she was sleeping. She just looked so adorable! Every now and then she'd wrinkle up her nose and I would try so hard not to laugh at her cuteness. Her index finger moved to the side of the bed. I moved my hands close to hers to get a result of her holding my hand.

A few seconds later her eyes moved rapidly under her eyelids. Then she opened her eyes, I never thought it would make me nervous. Her hazel eyes twinkled with happiness but it didn't last for long, of course. When the wound's aftermath kicked in her face filled with pain and a bit of fear in her eyes.

"No no! sshhh! Bella, it's ok. I am sooooo sorry!"

Her mind played a series of flashbacks of the knife slitting her leg as I tried to console her. The knife was so sharp though, that the 'grazing' left above her leg 1 inch deep. She'll probably never forgive me.
It's all my fault. Everything. I don't like what it makes me do for it's "survival" and fun purposes. I can't even eat what I normally do without throwing up.

Bella kept crying on my shoulder as I lay beside her. It broke my heart to see her like this.
When she lifted her head up, her face was as red as a tomato. Her eyes were puffy and a bit red. Her cheeks were red and I could feel her trembling a bit. I should leave her here to think, but I don't wanna leave her unattended.

"Why?"

"Bella it was a mistake, I-"

" I wasn't finished... why do you let it control you?"

I honestly had noo answer. Maybe, my reason would be that In my normal state, my slightly shy ways and good mentality AND my slender built body, wouldn't stand a chance. She would not understand.

"Daya, answer me." She demanded, failing to hide the desperation in her voice.

I closed my mouth that I hadn't realized was open and blinked back the tear threatening to escape my eyes.

"I- don't know, I-I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry for something you didn't do. This isn't you. You... you can Get rid of what's not you."

I nodded my head as I played with her soft fingers. Maybe She'd feel and get better if I just left.

"Bella, I've gotta go"

She looked at me with disappointed eyes.

"No, you can't leave me here! I need you here!!" She scream-cried.

More tears kept spilling from her eyes. I just couldn't stay. I couldn't handle anything anymore. For the last time, in a while- I spoke to her.

Me: "I'm sorry, I really am. Don't worry about me. I'll be back with you. I... just need to clear my head. I love you.💖❤"

She placed her head on the pillow and cried harder.

As I left the doctors and her parents entered. I held back my eye roll and kept walking to my car.

While driving back home, I zoned out. I was too devastated to even know where I was going. I let my grip of the wheel in an attempt to make the car crash but it ended up taking me home.

I got out locked it and walked like a drunkard to the door, fumbling with my keys to open it.

It was 9 o'clock and all I wanted now was to be locked in my room in the house.

Finally managing to open the door, I went in and dropped my bag making my way upstairs. Dizziness kicked in and I faintly heard my mom and dad calling for me from the kitchen. By the time I reached my room door, I didn't know left from right. My body went numb and I fell to the floor face down and subsided into complete darkness.