Chapter 38

1 month later

My mom had convinced me to go take an ultrasound- despite the fact that I didn't care and didn't want to do it, there I was. Currently laying on the hospital bed with the nurse applying some substance on my lower stomach and my parents, cousin and Bella sat in the room. My cousin held my hand as I blankly watched the doctor move the device across my skin. It felt weird, but I liked it. I wasn't gonna complain. In fact, I barely spoke all morning.

" Hey, how's your day going so far?" The nurse smiled, shifting glances from the screen to my stomach every 2 seconds.

" As good as it could be." I closed my eyes.

" It's kinda chilly out, huh? Oh, am I pressing too hard? Does it feel weird?"

"No, I like the feeling. The weather is perfect, it's been hot as hell lately, so this is great."

There was a long moment of silence before she spoke again.
"Well, that's a first. Oh! Look!" She drew my family's attention to look at the screen. "We got a pleasant surprise over here. Can you guys guess?" When no one answered but just stared at the screen marvelled she yelled: "It's twins!"

My eyes flew open and I looked at the monitor with furrowed brows.

"What, how the Hell is that possible? No one in my family was ever a twin!"

"Calm down Z! Miss, can you determine the gender or genders?" 

I shot a glare at her before averting my gaze back to the nurse.

"A girl and a boy."

I kept my mouth closed and my jaw clenched. The others were astonished and I could feel their excitement.

" It's a good thing you have your parents and support teams to help you with early motherhood." She smiled and gently rubbed my stomach.

I felt more movements from the fetuses and groaned as the females present—and my dad— watched in awe. Meanwhile, I'm over here thinking: Can't I just abort it? Like, now??

I tuned out the rest of the things she explained, only knew it was time to go when the nurse cleaned off my stomach and mentioned it. I got up and walked out of the room, making our way to the secret exit, knowing the papz would be at the front. My parents knew I didn't want anything to do with the news we had just heard. They were ok with it, but I surely wasn't. I screwed myself up big time. I thought it would just be one, but no! Some recessive gene just has to kick in. It makes so much sense now. I was wondering how I was actually showing at this pregnancy, not that I'm not grateful that I only look a bit bloated... as in Food baby bloated. Anyways.

I bid my cousin farewell, then my parents. They were probably going to discuss at my cousin's house. I didn't wanna be there. Bella got into my car after I started it and I quickly drove off. To the nearest creek to be specific. I would honestly prefer the park if there weren't so many people there. I'm getting more and more irritated by the day at humans.

I was breathing heavily all the way to the creek, I just wanted to relieve myself of all the stress and thoughts running through my head.
I parked where the clearing in the woods stopped and waited a while before exiting and telling Bella she doesn't have to stay in the vehicle.

She followed me to the river bank and hesitantly sat when I did.

I absentmindedly started to pluck out the grass, not caring if I was destroying anything. however, Within the first minute, I began ripping out so much that the roots were coming up with it. Not long after that was a horrifying, demonic scream that emerged from my throat that made the birds fly from their places in the tree and the fish swam away from the bank.
I could just feel the fear radiating off Bella from that scream, but it wouldn't be enough to give me more strength. I ran a hand through my hair and sure enough, a few strands of my long, wavy hair easily came out. It's been two weeks since I hadn't had an appetite to eat anything, and this is the aftermath.