chapter 21

just in case you forgot, this is still Zendaya's pov until I indicate otherwise. enjoy!

I  came back into consciousness very slowly. I heard faint, disoriented sounds that crescendoed into whispering.
I didn't want to open my eyes. Just hearing stuff had my head pounding already. Someone, however, opened my eyes and flashed lights in them. This got my reflex quickly, causing me to force them shut.
After hearing them saying things among themselves I tried opening my eyes only to see the lingering glimmering of the light. For a moment  I wondered where I was and was about to mentally groan at being in a hospital... Only to realize that I wasn't.
A few moments later I opened my eyes taking in the sight around me. A few people- no, at least 20 of my relatives stood side by side around my bed. My headache worsened when noticing there are more. I made an attempt to sit up but the slightest move I made shot pain down my spine. I stole a glance at them again and noticed they were wearing black clothing.
Honestly, Did they just return from a funeral?? They were just staring at me. Might as well I start my queries. (A/Nsorry, I don't know how to properly write that sentence, English isn't really my first language. Or is it? I dunno. Ik we speak creole at home and are taught in English at school.)

Me: "What's going on? Why are you all here?"

Also, why do I sound so emotionless?? Honestly, why and what the hell is all this happening?

All at once I heard relieved, worried and questioning responses that caused me to hold my head in an attempt to stop the pounding.

My mom told them to wait in the living room and they went. While the last 3 persons left I heard them whispering stuff like: "how is she so pale, she's almost snow white?" and "I know! her eyes are also green, aren't they to be hazel??"
I shot an "I heard that *****" kinda glare. I was soo pissed at their comments. I'd even shoot their- ugh violence again.
As the last person left and shut the door mom started speaking,

"This started earlier than we thought. " she was actually speaking to my dad and not me... "wait no, i-"

"what started earlier??" I grew concerned

They looked at me with hesitant eyes before. This got me worked up, causing me to sit-up. This time without pain- what the??

Seeing the way I'm dressed I'm guessing I'd be dressed in a skin-fitting short black dress for a funeral.
Deja probably dressed me...

"Uh, we have something to tell you. We should have told you since you were 16,"

I listened keenly as she kept on nervously explaining, Yet I already knew where this is heading.

" It kinda explains your behavior at times and change in appearance." ok..." Before you, I tried having children and as you can see, it didn't really work out. So in desperation I um, made a deal with a demon... in fact the devil. Halfway through the pregnancy it granted and told me that you're partly its possession at the age of 18."

What, the fuck!? She did this? She caused all this to happen?? She knew it would happen? Why didn't she say this before?!

"Mom," I tried my best to sound calm but of course no emotion came out at all," If you knew this would happen why didn't you tell me?"

She was crying and my dad just sat there looking disappointed. In fact, disappointment was in her eyes too.

"I wasn't supposed to tell you before."

"Well, you should have!" I took a deep breath to try to calm down"how long was I out?"

"...4 days-"

"Instead of purging me, or taking me to some priest or some shit, you were out and about the place weeks after weeks, never taking a decent break to see how I am doing!" I pause once again only to realize it wouldn't work. "It made me kill in order to survive. I wake up almost every night with blood on me, kill animals, hurt other people and sooo much more! THEN You tell me that you made an agreement with the devil to bring me here?!"

By now, I was so livid.
My dad tried to get me to a calm state of mind but I was probably a light-year away from that.

I'm trying so hard not to shake his hand off my shoulders.

"Your crying isn't gonna make anything better. If you were smart enough you'd have had surrogacy, but NOO and not this is the result... I hope you realize you've placed all the lives in this home and family, in jeopardy." I fired off. It wasn't half of what I desired to say.

"Now Zendaya, that is no way to talk to your mother!"

"Do you want me to start on you too because I have way more on my mind! You should've stopped her before she continued doing it! You're as bad as she is!"

"Well, I'm not the one who's the demon, you Goddamn lunatic!"

I slowly came close to her looking her in the eye with more rage,

"say that... one more time..."

3, 2, 1-

"You're a fucking lunatic"

fuck this shit. I telekinetically pushed her to the opposite side of the room while speed walking my way downstairs. I approached the door that was filled with different locks, ripping them off one by one. where is the fucking key! Goddamn people keep crying like that's gonna help. Why the hell are they crying!?

"Would you just shut up and get out of my way!" I yelled and held my head, thinking.

I pushed past a few people blocking my way and into the kitchen. After what felt like HOURS of searching, I found a large sharp knife A.KA. a butcher's knife, to break off the last lock. Dropping it once  I was done, I headed through the door and walked into the night.

I didn't know where I was going, I just walked and walked and walked.

After a while, a group of boys came into view. They were drinking, raving, and having their music blast to a max. So dumb. As I got closer, I heard wolf-whistling and noticed one sober teen in the corner. I ignored the horny comments they were making and continued my journey into the deep, dark, woods. Whoever follows me, shouldn't make it out alive.

Believe me, when a person does, they NEVER, make it out alive.

I walked until I reached a certain part of the woods. There were many twists and turns that I knew and the stranger wouldn't. Spinning to an abrupt stop, the boy and I fell to the ground. (He was of course on top of me.) He went in for a kiss but I placed my hand to block it.
He got off me once he saw the glare I was shooting at him.
Why haven't I done something to this guy yet though?? Immediately getting up after, I started a questionnaire to this sober yet imprudent boy.

"Why are you following me?"

"I wanted to know where you were going-"

"Why did you try to kiss me when I fell?"

"I- don't know-"

"If you wanted to know where I was heading why didn't you call for me?"

"I didn't know your name and I still don't. plus you were walking fast."

And finally...

"Why are you so afraid? *"mumbles"* it's Zendaya*"cough"*"

"Because I know what you are, now stop questioning me!!!"

I got suspicious for a while...

"And how exactly do you know?..."

"Because I'm one too..."

He blinked his eyes and I saw that it was no longer brown. It was blue...

I'm not the only one...

Word count: 1313