Chapter 32

A week later

We didn't take care of Richie right away. Shawn had called me the following morning, telling me to wait until today. And according to my watch, he should be done with capturing him right about.. now.
My phone rang, as if on cue.

"Are Ya done?"

"Yeah, I'm heading to my layer now. Glad this is being done at 4 am. The perv was actually wide awake. And can you BELIEVE what he was watching?"

"Child porn? Porn on the dark web? Beastiality?" I named off the top of my head.

"Uh. First one. In the basement. I wish I could've unseen it."

I chuckled softly. Well, you can't so too bad.

"Well, so far, so good. Uh. He's gonna do that cause he's a pedo. Sad excuse for a 'Christian'. Well, I'll be heading to Tamara's place in about 3 hours. You know the plan on what to do if he wakes up before 10 am."

"Yeah, I remember. Ok. I'm going now. Have fun getting her to fathom the new information."

"Oh, I will. She'll have to believe the facts one way or another." I smirked. I hung up and laid down again on my bed.

I wasn't even tired. I wanted time to fly by. Bella wasn't here. She's in a treatment center. She would be back today. When she woke up in the hospital, that early morning, she didn't wanna talk. All she gave was a nod or shook her head as a type of response. Whatever sparkle that was left in her eyes before, wasn't there anymore. She was just dull. She even looked a bit guilty. For what she'd done to herself.

I sighed and closed my eyes, running my hand over my stomach. Sometimes I hate this. Three months, three weeks are left, and It better just pass by quick. I'm not exactly a patient one.

A knock sounded at the door, and I sat up.
"Who is it?"

"Mom, Zen."

I shook my head but went to open the door.

I walked back to the bed and sat down and she followed suit.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm not feeling anything. Is Bella still gonna return today?"

"Yeah."

"It's us she's staying with, right? Cause her mom is really unfit to take care of her for the past few years." I stated as a matter of fact.

"Yeah," she sighed. "She doesn't deserve to go through all of that... do you have any idea of who or what is behind the cause of what she did?"

"She was being bullied. By her stepfather."I shook my head.

She was silent for a bit. She muttered something about praying for her then bid the time of day while leaving.

I telekinetically locked the door, then lied down. I'd rest my eyes until time to go to her house.

Just before 10 am, I knocked on Tamara's door. I could hear those hasty steps being taken on the other side of the door as she unlocked it. The door swung open and the hope that was on her face was replaced with slight disappointment. I'm not even surprised at that.

"Oh, hi. What's the matter?"

"Hi. Uh, may I enter? There's some stuff I need to tell you about. And it's about Bella."

She furrowed her brows before opening the door wider so I may walk in.

We went to the couch and sat down. As I was about to begin she quickly asked: