Chapter 40

So, I'm not talking to Shawn for a couple weeks now. And I shouldn't care. I mean Bella is still talking to me, should I care if he isn't?  I should bu- nope. I don't care.

At this point in time, I have nothing to do. I'm in the backyard and the thoughts are just rushing about. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather be at a meeting with those pretentious representatives than hear what was going through my mind. It was louder than the birds chirping. Louder than the trees rustling in the now fast-paced wind, And louder than the thunders.
Those flowers in the flowerbed weren't bright enough to bring up my mood... the only way that could be brought up is by some dark joke or sight. Everything in this ginormous backyard just deepened my boredom and failed to distract me from my thoughts. It was low key beginning to get tiring.

The backdoor slid open and soft footsteps made their way to the other end of the bench.
People just don't leave you alone when you wanna be secluded, then when you need people around, they can't be there.

Drizzling started as the 6:30 pm sky darkened more and more. Lightning becoming more visible. All the while it became apparent that this would be a thunderstorm kinda night.

"We should go inside."
She started to walk back under the cover of the backdoor.

"I'm not going in there with that pretentious pious person."

"They Just wanna talk to you-" Bella tried.

"Oh! So now it's more than one?" I scoffed.

The rain became harder and so did the thunder. I was getting soaked, but I didn't care. I knew she mentioned it to my waiting parents when my dad dragged me inside. And by drag, I mean I allowed him, to yank me by my arm and haul me inside. I was hiding my growing anger as he briefly scolded me and gave me the eye.

"Ok, so we didn't get the pope, but there are two priests here. Just be co-op-" I cut my mom off without a second thought. I didn't wanna hear it.

"I'm going to bed. I'm tired."

"Zendaya, you're soaking wet!" Bella exclaimed.

I shrugged and started towards my staircase and up to my room. But you know who I found in my room?

I walked halfway down the stairs and didn't contain any of my rages. I didn't even greet those 'priests' or whatever.

"Why the FUCK are they in my room?!" My fury almost burst through the roof.

"Hey, hey. Watch your language. You didn't even give us time to tell you where they wer-"

"Hi, we'r-"

"Don't fucking touch me!" I yelled and ran down the stairs.

I'm surprised I wasn't slipping, I'm still soaked from head to toe and the a/c in the house should've made me feel colder.

"Zendaya, this is the help you always wanted. You literally used to tal-" dad tried

"I don't need help! I already fucking told y'all!" I kinda forced out. I can't accept the help as you know. "I'm perfectly fine in my situation. Permanent, might I add."

"You are not perfectly fine with k-"

"CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP!" I screamed at both my mom and the voice in my head.

I held my hands over my ears and squeezed my eyes shut tightly.

Moments later I felt a warm embrace and picked up Bella's scent. How nice of her to hug me at this time. She picked up on the fact that I was somewhat overwhelmed.

"We just want to discuss with you-"l

I felt Bella let go before I rolled my eyes.

"I'd rather be out all night in a thunderstorm. It's actually relaxing, so bye!" I waved and began towards the door.